The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Domain Parking

Domain parking is registering a domain so you can use it in future when you sell the domain name or create a website. Usually Domain parking is done to stop opportunists from registering a domain name you may want in future . . .
Do I have to have a hosted domain in order to park the domain.
You don't have to. You can use your domain registrar's domain name parking service.

My cpanel account has an option for domain parking, what does this mean? Does this mean, I add a registered domain in my cpanel,or it is for redirecting purpose?

You can add the domain you've registered and use it to redirect traffic to any website which because if people are searching for that domain then you might as well send that traffic to your site.

IMHO it's much better than using a registrar's domain parking service because if you using it [their parking service] they'll make money off your domain name by redirecting traffic to any web page they please.

Thanks for your good advice. I will play by your suggestion. However, I have a confusion, if I don't use my hosting's parking service,where do I park my domain? Are there any good place to park my domain. Do I have to pay for using this service?

Domain parking refers to the registration of an internet domain name without that domain being associated with any services such as e-mail or a website. This may have been done with a view to reserving the domain name for future development, and to protect against the possibility of cyber squatting.

Parked domains are additional domains which you host on your account. They will display the same website as your primary domain and do NOT have separate web statistics, but you can give the parked domain its own email boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you park your domain, visitors to your site will see a temporary Web page when they enter your domain name into their browser. Parking your domain simply means you are putting it on hold until you create your website, find a hosting provider, sell it, etc.

Domain parking refers to the registration of an internet domain name without thatdomain being associated with any services such as e-mail or a website. This may have been done with a view to reserving the domain name for future development, and to protect against the possibility of cybersquatting.

banners
Back