The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

domain name now more importan in SEO than backlinks?

temi

affiliate
One of my websites www.submitexpress.co.uk has been in number one position in Google for the keyword: "search engine submission uk" for over 1 year, the site is PR6 and has over 1,000 back links and I am sure over 500 back links with anchor text of the same keyword.

I did a search for that keyword today and my site is now in position 3, the new site is position 1 has 6 back links but the domain name is: search-engine-submission.uk.net which match they keyword perfectly.

Looks like PR and back links are not that important in Google algo any more?
Temi

Perhaps the quality of the backlinks is what Google are looking for :seal:

Now, I can't wait to hear, if we ever will, what Google considers, "quality".

Paul

Paul,
I am not sure of what you count as quality but the links pointing to my site includes PR8 links from a relevant website and from DMOZ and Google directory, I would have though those three links are quality enough.

Temi

Yeah, I would think so too.

But now, perhaps since Google is giving PR no/less credence and Human Directories less importance due to their obvious bias/slowness (Yes, bias does go on in DMOZ), the game has all changed. So now we see the SEO, "Experts" going out of business :brow:

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on, as I've had extreme success in the past. And that counts pre and post, "FL update". I'm not willing to share this on a public MSG board though. But I'd be glad to answer any PM's. :angel:

Paul

Any tweaking to improve the Google UK SERPs to number one, could probably cause a slippage in MSN UK and Yahoo UK. I would lead well alone except maybe ........................................................ and then only a little at athat.

search engine submission uk
Google UK = 3
MSN UK = 1
Yahoo UK = 1

search engine submission
Google UK = 4
MSN UK = 1
Yahoo UK = 1

uk search engine submission
Google UK = 1
MSN UK = 1
Yahoo UK = 1

There is a school of thought that says mumber one will receive fewer 'Discerning' clicks than numbers 3 to 8. I think if that is true, it is partly due to the positions that appear centre screen.

Thanks for the advice smeagain. I will register a domain name that contains all the keyword and SEO it to see what happens in a 2-3 months.

BTW what is "OOP" you and Paul refer to?
Temi

banners
Back