The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Domain name from SEO view point

temi

affiliate
A recent experiment I conducted suggests that domain name is not as important as it once to SEO.

If the above were to be proven to be a fact, would you still register keyword rich domain name?

A small and almost insignificant factor. Also, Keyword rich domains with and without hyphens can be a nightmare to remember.

If a domain is like "seoservices.com" it will require less effort to come on top with "seo services" keyword as compared to other domain with the same keyword. It is still true after all arguments.

Regards
John

I have tried both methods with mixed results. If i can have a keyword or two in the name all well and good but it is not absolutely essential.

I actually think that keyword domains are carrying more weight in searchs at the moment.

Natural Related linking is the key but that mixed with the keyword domain makes thing alot easier IMO

In one of my forums i have 1000 + related backlinks, and im getting hammered buy a site that has 3 backlinks but a keyword domain, when i say hammered its only just above me but its still annoying. Both are just vb forums and nothing different has been done apart from the domain

banners
Back