The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does the domain name extension affects rankings?

pow-wow

affiliate
Does the domain name extension affects search engine rankings and general impression? eg comparing .info and .com

The domain extension has nothing to do with the rankings...as for general impression I guess it's up to everyone. I never had any problems with any extension and I never heard anyone saying "I don't like this website because it's a .org and not a .com" I'd say the quality of the website it's more important than it's extension

yeah agree with loredan ive never had any problems with SEO and domain TLD's however i still favour the .com's, although its only based on what people think, people still believe that .com's have more value :nono:

The combination of domain extension and the geographic location of your hosting server definately do have an influence on your SE Positioning unless you are using a Country Specific domain.

By that I a .co.uk for example should be OK hosted outside the UK, however a .com targeted at the UK market but hosted in the USA will not do very well in most cases.

No, it does not. I have seen many discussions if .info domains are less valued by search engines than .com, but they really aren't.

No, it does not. I have seen many discussions if .info domains are less valued by search engines than .com, but they really aren't.
maybe that is because .info domain owner is not serious to get better rank.
Btw, search "spain" keyword in google, you'll see .info domain on the second place.

In webmasters tools google when see a .country code domain it value it more in the specific countries search results.And also i read before some days that because of a little mistake all .info domains get very big devauluation for a small period of time.
So i guess that playing a role.

I think domain name extension is also a factor that affects rankings. Though I'm not saying that it has big effect. If your site has a .co.uk domain, I think it will help increase your rankings in UK search results.

Or also if your site wants to achieve higher ranking in UK search results, it would be better to get backlinks from site with .co.uk domain.

banners
Back