The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does PR Matter?

uh oh yeah...
Sorry wasn't reading it properly. Didnt mean to re post i'm just tired.

mcfox said:
This is one of those 'misinformation facts' that gets spouted across the web. While it is beneficial to reciprocally link in a themed way, it is not necessary that all of your linking is done with similarly themed sites. So long as you aren't running a free-for-all link section then you should be ok.

I understand that and do link to sites that don't have much to do with my site (I should have stated that a bit better) but I don't want to turn into a link farm in the process either. I also have Family Friendly status so there are plenty of sites out there that I'm not allowed to link to such as gambling sites, tobacco related or anyone who links to adult material.

Of course. It came out of MY inbox! heh heh jus kiddin... Glad you found it interesting. I know I did...

It is a good article and clearly points out the dangers of buying links to artificially boost PR. This is something Google frowns on big time because it makes a mockery of PageRank, the central part of their patent.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Google have a database of sites which sell text links and will keep an eye out for any site-wide linking from such sites, or any others for that matter. This is what flags up the warning: the site-wide links, as well as any link from a site which actively sells links solely for the purposes of boosting PR.

Normal, reciprocal linking, does not flag up the same kind warnings or filters and themed linking does a little better in Google than non-themed.

MI
Back