The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Google Really Listen To Its Users?

D

djbaxter

Does Google Really Listen To Its Users?
April 18, 2009

Three years ago Danny Sullivan wrote two articles 25 Things I Love About Google and 25 Things I Hate About Google. They were both good articles, though like Matt Cutts, I do not agree with all of his points. Which ones and why are very different from Matt's. But looking at the articles is a good way to see how Google has addressed user needs over the past three years.

In the Hate article, some things were addressed - the user interface, easier access to tools, RSS feeds, use of Open Directory titles and descriptions, breaking out search revenues, and Gmail customization.

But many still have not been changed - some may not need to be - such as making things paid or putting brakes on self-served AdSense - but there are some that just show a disregard for the users.

...more

Part of the problem is inherent in the phrase "how Google has addressed user needs over the past three years" - who are Google's users?

Webmasters tend to think they are Google's customers. They argue that without webmasters there would be nothing for Google to index and therefore no Google.

Google doesn't see it that way at all. In Google's eyes, their users are (1) Joe Searcher, and (2) advertisers. Webmasters are generally just individuals and organizations trying to jump the queue, i.e., potential cheaters and spoilers.

Google has its own way of responding to the online marketers. One who perfectly follows the terms will be rewarded faster others a bit late.

google just listen to the advertisers and one who makes huge profits for them.

Google has its own way of responding to the online marketers. One who perfectly follows the terms will be rewarded faster others a bit late.

Google isn't the devil, although I understand it can feel that way sometimes when their policies impact on someone's income from online businesses. And of course they want to make money - don't we all? You can't fault them for that.

But their income is based fundamentally on the premise that they deliver a service to people searching for information, products, and services. They have been very clear that the goal is to deliver the best information, the information that best matches the search query. It's not that Google doesn't want you or I to make money online. It's simply that whether you or I do or do not make money online is irrelevant to their goals.

To rank well in Google, you need to understand these basic facts. You have to play the game by their rules or you lose. Period. And that means it is essential that you learn what those rules are above all else.

MI
Back