The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does certification show your level of competence?

• Yes, they do

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, they do not

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
Certification in IT industry today is a big issue, I wonder if certification from a respectable institute actually show your level of competency.

I think it depends on the country on which you get your diploma :) I can come with arguments but only on PM because I don`t want to make some things public :D

Dks,
I know what you mean by it depends on what country :) for argument sake, lets assume certification from all countries in the work are high quality, do you still think certification truly reflects a person's competence?

Well , I guess it should , a certificate of this kind should represent your competence - that is why this certificates exist so that it can make a difference between a person that is capable of doing and the other person that is not.

I dont think it shows the level of competency, Certification are just like cherry on icecream, I personally feel any person of any sex with enough skills can appeal to IT industries.

etechsupport,
But don't you think that durring certification, one learn skill one would not other wise learn ?

Temi,
I replied to your first question- Does certification show your level of competence? My view is that your level of competence should be expressed in such a way that they can be observed or measured in some way to impress your employer if you are supposed to make a career by getting certification, and of cource they must achievable, but should also stretch your knowledge and skills as such industries need to upgrade your knowledge and technical skills regularly through good learning skills.

banners
Back