The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Anchor text make a big difference?

gkd_uk

Hi

Does the Anchor text make a big difference?

For example: If I have keywords such as UKWW Forums and UK Webmaster World Forum but want to rank high for UKWW Forums, can this be achieved if I use the anchor text UKWW Forums in forum signatures, submitting to directories etc

Thanks

Hi

Does the Anchor text make a big difference?

For example: If I have keywords such as UKWW Forums and UK Webmaster World Forum but want to rank high for UKWW Forums, can this be achieved if I use the anchor text UKWW Forums in forum signatures, submitting to directories etc

Thanks

Yes gkd why not. You will get high rank through your Anchor text.

DON.

You want your anchor text to target your main keywords most of the time. It helps to throw the odd one out there though to make your link building seem natural.

Yes Anchor Text should be relevant to the keywords for which one want to rank high in the search engines and as you want to rank higher for the UKWW Forums then the Anchor Text should be UKWW Forums only this will make an impact on search engines.

That really makes a difference since the Google Bombing is through anchor text links...

Remember miserable failure? :coolv:

Yeah. I think Anchor text links isn't as popular as it once was. Titles, H1 and H2's can get yourself high and listed, and then it's quality of inbound links to get yourself ranked.

NO!
anchor text it still count very much,but google became smarter in order to avoid bombing so google rank high pages that have the anchor text and the anchor text is also present on the page that leads..;)

Guys, i am experimenting with anchor text specifically in the sig. links of various forums. the targeted term is ercp and ercp complications - ercp is currently on page 4 at position 35 for the above term on one of my flash based sites at google dot com.

ercp complications - not in the serp's as it is a new page and therefore not even indexed as yet!

google bot hasn't been around since the start of the experiment - but i will give it a week or so & will let you know what the result was?

the targeted keyword is only via sig. links - to see whether sig. links alter the SERP's or not !

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not a simple Yes answer to this question.
First factor that you need to take into account, is the theme of the page containing the link.
If a page about very fast sports cars contains a link for which the anchor text is:
"UKWWW Forums"
Then Google for one would soon guess your game.

The recent (and not so recent) Algorithm changes and filter updates have made the simple anchor text (Google Bombing) trick almost impossible to achieve now. Thus answering your question with an unqualified Yes would be misleading.

Out of context links and anchor text along with out and out 2 way link exchanges between dissimilar sites are no longer the plus point that they once were and can often be detrimental.

MI
Back