The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

does adding an s to the end of a keyword make a big difference?

c4d

affiliate
Like the title says I am wondering if adding an "s" to the end of the keyword will mess up my seo.

an example would be:
toaster for sale
or
toasters for sale

I also have long-tail keywords and some of the results on google planner tool have quite different numbers in terms of searches/mo and avg CPC

A specific keyword I am researching that will be used on my site shows the following:

keyword w/ "s" - 720 searches per month - $0.24 suggested bid
keyword w/o "s" - 390 searches per month - $0.47 suggested bid

My question is which one should I use on my articles/posts? Should I structure it towards the one with the most searches or the one with the highest suggested bid?

Or does it not matter? and if so does this mean whichever one I choose I will rank for both?

The best way to test this is to manually do some searches on google for such keywords (with or without "s").

I don't think it makes any differences, from my old testing, and whenever I wanted to buy an EMD, if the singular version wasn't available, I went for the plural (whether it was adding at the end just "s" or "es", etc) and they ranked similar.

I did do a manual search. That's what i was not sure about:

"A specific keyword I am researching that will be used on my site shows the following:

My question is which one should I use on my articles/posts? Should I structure it towards the one with the most searches or the one with the highest suggested bid?"

Like the title says I am wondering if adding an "s" to the end of the keyword will mess up my seo.

an example would be:
toaster for sale
or
toasters for sale

I also have long-tail keywords and some of the results on google planner tool have quite different numbers in terms of searches/mo and avg CPC

A specific keyword I am researching that will be used on my site shows the following:

My question is which one should I use on my articles/posts? Should I structure it towards the one with the most searches or the one with the highest suggested bid?

Or does it not matter? and if so does this mean whichever one I choose I will rank for both?
Hi c4d. Adding an s to the keyword always give the word another meaning and will matter a lot. It is always good for you to pick and use a keyword that has been searched a lot, it is called taking the upper bound. Since you want to convert more, then you compare a word with an s and without. The keywords are very important and you need to fix them the way they are. In case of any help, kindly pm me I will help where necessary.

MI
Back