The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does a website need to be top page of search engine before you can market a product?

vagabond90

affiliate
Hi all

I'm in the process of starting a website and becoming an affiliate, but I need to know if I have to have my website up and running and in the top pages of the search engines before I can become an affiliate for somebody.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi vagabond,

It just depends. Some affiliate programs are open to everyone and some screen affiliates to varying degrees. Big established brands sometimes are most selective and want to see that you are established, getting traffic and match their niche.

Hi vagabond,

Linda's absolutely right. Some merchants can be very selective.

You can try applying for the programs you'd like to join, and if you do get declined, contact them and ask why.

A lot of the time, if you talk with a merchant and explain to them exactly how you plan on promoting their site and getting traffic, they may let you in.

You don't need to be number one for article marketing and social media marketing. Your sales may be smaller as you work your way to number one, but you will still be getting sales.
I say leap - and the net will appear!

Personally I think the best plan of action would be to work on improving your traffic and your search engine rank before you sign up for an affiliate program. Even if you can get into an affiliate program without traffic, you won't be able to make any profits without a customer base. It would also be much easier to join a good affiliate program which would bring in more profits. I would just focus your efforts on creating a well-designed site and marketing that site to draw in a base before you jump into affiliate marketing. But again, that's what I would do personally.

banners
Back