The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do your forum users suffer from ad blindness as well?

Tanksy

affiliate
I am currently running a few forums and every single one of them has terrible click through rates. The CTRs are all something like 0.03%. I have tried all sorts of ad placements but none of them have resulted in more clicks. Is this because I have the same people visiting over and over again?

Ads on forums hardly ever get clicks because the forum members get used to seeing the same ads. They won't click on ads they've seen before. This is why it always is advisable to have promote some products which the forum members might be interested in. Even if you may not make much money from ads, you'd still be earning a little money each time a forum member or guests looking at the forum buy something.

It's important to create threads that can advertise your links. I've done this and some other forums I've been to have done this as well. The thing is, not a lot of people click on ads because they don't notice them or they don't think they're legit ads. I know as I have been one of those people. So just try to create some threads with those links and add some catchy lines or information. Good luck!

If I want something I'll go there myself. I don't need an ad. If I did see an ad for something I liked, I won't click it. I'll just open up a new tab and go there myself.

Not sure, I just don't really know how the ad will redirect me and stuff and I'd rather do some of my own research once I see something that interests me. So that's my reasoning behind never clicking ads, even if I like what it's offering me.

MI
Back