The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you show your LPs and your links to your AM?

I've had tons of Affiliates show their campaigns to me, for help and tips on how to make it work better. Way more than I would be able to count, and a lot of the times I was able to help them boost some revenue.

Never once did I take any of those ideas and make it my own. My job is help Affiliates Optimize THEIR campaigns, not steal their ideas. I guess there must be a degree of trust between Affiliate and Manager though.

Well you were a good AM...

Some experienced marketers don't like to show their campaigns to anyone, and this is what they suggest.
That's because they are experienced affiliate marketers, some of them are even more experienced than their affiliate manager so there is no need for asking for an affiliate managers advice. They have learned more than enough from they own mistakes and testing to know what's good and what's not good.

But for newbie affiliates advices from affiliate manager are very useful and can learn a lot from it and boost their revenue.

Well, according to Greedy, I bet you all know her, she says that in her 5 years as an affiliate she has seen AMs stealing campaigns or recommending the traffic source (or techique) to other affiliates and this is why she prefers not to share her data. I do trust what she recommends.

This is my idea I was trying to communicate.

I've had an affiliate manager that was caught copying campaigns, and it was confirmed by the network. This was on a very "reputable CPA Network", and if I shared the network's name most here would surprisingly agree. (I still run traffic with the network, they were very professional about it btw.) Also I've heard stories from others.

What I would suggest is keeping your traffic source / landing page hidden as best you can. Really there is no need to worry about it. But my approach is why not try to keep it hidden a bit? (Now it is pretty hard to hide things 100%, but that's another story.)

If an affiliate manager asks to see your landing page to get approved for an offer, of course you should show it to them.

I'm sure some people are thinking to themselves "Oh I could just show them a fake LP, and try to hide my real one." Well, the problem that arrises with that method is your leads will very likely end up being scrubbed harshly by the advertiser because when an AM wants to see your LP before giving you access to an offer, it is because they know what type of LP will convert quality leads that the advertiser wants. They don't want you to have to worry about getting leads removed/scrubbed by the advertiser.

Sooo when your AM ask to see your landing page, they are really trying to help you out! There is no need to not trust them.

P.S. The new design of this site looks beautiful btw! I haven't not been on in a while.... looks very clean :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned, there is no reason not too unless you are confident in your abilities anyway. I can understand peoples hesitancy but its a big wide world out there, no doubt someone will try copying your page or campaign anyway, it's a form of flattery. If you need assistance then your AM is and should be there to help you maximize your returns.

Stay one step ahead of the rest of the thief's and rise above the competition. (P.S. Crysper has a great tool in the Dojo to help you stay one step ahead ;))

Well, according to Greedy, I bet you all know her, she says that in her 5 years as an affiliate she has seen AMs stealing campaigns or recommending the traffic source (or techique) to other affiliates and this is why she prefers not to share her data. I do trust what she recommends.

I am sure it can happen, this is the real world where fraudsters and thieves are all over the place. There are a lot of us honest Account Managers out there though, so don't forget that!

banners
Back