The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do You Share How You Make Money with Your Real Life Friends & Family?

RomanAnthonysMama

affiliate
Hey everyone! For those who consider their online money making opportunities as a part-time job, do you tell your friends what you do? Do you give them tips and show them how to make money themselves? I have to admit, even though this makes me sound selfish...I only tell people I'm very close to how to make money online. I've noticed that the more people who work on certain websites, the less money we make. I know that sounds awful of me, but if I feel as though I'll be making less money, then I sometimes keep my mouth shut, unless it's a friend or family member I know needs the money.

Do you tell your friends and family that you make money online, and then teach them how to for themselves?

I tend not to share, not because I don't want to turn other people on to the opportunities that have worked for me but because I get tired of people looking at working online/from home as not "real" work and just don't care to hear comments from people who don't get my choices in my personal or professional life.

I belong to a very supportive writers community where I share my adventures and missteps, but when it comes to friends and family, I find they're more understanding and appreciative of the idea of a stay-at-home-mother than of earning money online. So I avoid the issue rather than hear the condescending comments about my "hobby" and questions about when I'm going to "put my education to use".

There is no need. All my friends and family members have their own source of income. They don't need me to teach them anything. Not to mention that I am not very successful just yet in the online business lol. I am just getting started and it just started to get better but far from enough.

To teach someone and have that someone to listen, you must set one good example that you are really good at it. There is also the need for that someone wanting what you know. There is neither in my case haha...

"Making money" is such a false idea, about the same as 'how Uncle pulls a quarter out of your ear.'

Well I do not tell my friends and family about my online ventures unless it is of course a referral program where I can earn money from them signing up as it obviously makes logical sense for me to tell them! The reason that I do not tell them otherwise is because I do not want to be judged or have a million questions about it everytime I meet up with them!

Hey everyone! For those who consider their online money making opportunities as a part-time job, do you tell your friends what you do? Do you give them tips and show them how to make money themselves? I have to admit, even though this makes me sound selfish...I only tell people I'm very close to how to make money online. I've noticed that the more people who work on certain websites, the less money we make. I know that sounds awful of me, but if I feel as though I'll be making less money, then I sometimes keep my mouth shut, unless it's a friend or family member I know needs the money.

Do you tell your friends and family that you make money online, and then teach them how to for themselves?

I feel the exact same way actually. I'm quite hesitant when it comes to telling other people my methods for making money online, especially when it comes to affiliate marketing because I feel as if they'll make the sells and I wont. So far, I've only told about three of my friends about how I make my money online, but I didn't give them ALL my precious secrets! Now when it comes to the business I work with online, I dont mind telling them tips on how to make money with the business and how to post better ads. I dont mind mind telling all my tips and tricks when it comes to my actual online business I work for, because I know that I'll always get paid for the work that I do.

I do, as most of the time my friends will forget the names of sites I've recommended and my family just aren't interested. If they choose to take my advice, then good for them and I feel like I've helped. At the end of the day, I've yet to hit upon any ways to make mega-bucks online, so it's not like anyone's going to get rich using my methods.

I tend to not tell friends and family that I make money online. If someone specifically asks I will tell them, but like others said most of my friend and family either wouldn't understand, or ask thousands of pointless questions, so I keep it to myself. If someone I was close with asked me to help them make money online, I would, but the people I know aren't interested.

I tell my close friends and family, but most of them don't even believe that it's possible to earn a living online. They laugh it off and tell me that I'm either joking, or that I'm wasting my time. Most of the people I know would rather trust their regular offline jobs, even when they see that I'm doing way better than them. They insist that I must be having another side gig that I'm not telling them about.

I do tell my friends and family about the opportunities to make money online and the amount I make but they can't really grasp it. Guess they are too old fashion but I guess everything is not for everyone. Some of them decide to try out, while others are waiting to see me get a huge sum of money in order to participate. I won't force anything on anyone but I am willing to teach them how to earn. Sometimes just out of excitement I tell them about it because I get so elated at the opportunities I come across to make an income, so at times I just can't contain it but just speak about it constantly because I am a dreamer lol.

If they ask, I tell them. I just say that I write for money and sometimes they ask how much I make and I just say like 10 bucks a week. It's just small talk.

They know that I work online sometimes because they see me on the laptop all the time so I must be doing something online. I tell them that I write for money online and they believe me. They think that I'm wasting my time but I make money though. I would tell them to work online too but they doubt me. I like working online and I would do it full time if I could. I love sitting in my sofa and just type for some cash. This is really nice for an introvert like me. I've always wanted a job where I could stay home more. I get into way too much politics at the office. I guess when no one sees you work, you can really work.

I do, as most of the time my friends will forget the names of sites I've recommended and my family just aren't interested. If they choose to take my advice, then good for them and I feel like I've helped. At the end of the day, I've yet to hit upon any ways to make mega-bucks online, so it's not like anyone's going to get rich using my methods.
I think the secret to making big money online is to a) get connected to the right opportunity, b) submit a steady-flow of work, & c) "advertise-advertise-advertise!"

That gives me excuses for not having made money: a) the only opportunities I can work on are FREE ones (which naturally don't have a large-enough ROI to make it seem worth (b)) plus b) I don't wanna spend all day 'workin`' (and don't have enough "fans" to demand what I write in the few hours I do write), & c) the only 'advertising' I can do is FREE (like my signature, Facebook, Twitter and 'sandbox-SEO' ... that is, as much SE-traffic as I can get for free, which takes some 'waiting').

I post it on my blog so it's actually available for the whole world to see. lol I do tell my friends and family (not in an effort to get them to do it or sign up for something) but it usually just comes up in conversation. Someone will ask what I'm doing and I'll tell them "oh I'm writing and article/doing a survey/clicking on ads for money" but they know I don't make a lot doing it so none of them are interested in doing it themselves. One time my best friend asked me to send her a list of ALL the sites I use and so I did. After asking me for that big list she didn't sign up for a single one. lol Oh well.

No I try to not do this as it may add to the already over-saturation of money making methods online, and it is likely that they would think negatively of me. in my family at least, the idea of working online is that you are being scammed somehow, and that the only way to make a decent living is by working offline.

I have, but I'm thinking I probably won't share as much info in the future. They look at me like I'm fibbing to them. Some ask me to send links but then complain that it takes too much time to complete the surveys or tasks.

I only talk about it with my close family because for some reason people think that working online is 'free money' and then start asking questions about how I'm doing it. Which is not a problem by the way, but they want to know the EXACT method/niches I'm using and I won't be giving that to anyone because I don't need more competition. Some people even think that there is no legitimate way to make money online and so I'm some kind of hacker doing shady stuff... :sleep:

I tend not to share, not because I don't want to turn other people on to the opportunities that have worked for me but because I get tired of people looking at working online/from home as not "real" work and just don't care to hear comments from people who don't get my choices in my personal or professional life.

I belong to a very supportive writers community where I share my adventures and missteps, but when it comes to friends and family, I find they're more understanding and appreciative of the idea of a stay-at-home-mother than of earning money online. So I avoid the issue rather than hear the condescending comments about my "hobby" and questions about when I'm going to "put my education to use".

This is so right Cammie27! In the past I have tried to show friends and family alike how to make money online and I have always gotten such a snobbish response. My MIL is one of the worst! There are times when I wish I could just really speak my mind to her about the situation. :mad: Alas, I just keep my mouth shut and continue to do what I do and if someone asks me I gauge the person and whether or not I want to tell them. 95% of the time I don't want to tell them anything and I am very vague.

banners
Back