The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do You Make These 14 Common Search Engine Marketing Errors?

D

djbaxter

SEM Training: Do You Make These 14 Common SEM Errors?
Aaron Wall, SEOBook.com
June 26, 2009

There are a lot of parallels between Google AdWords and SEO, and a lot of the beginner mistakes are the same for both traffic acquisition strategies. I figured it would be worth outlining some of the most common ones to help save you money on your search engine marketing campaigns.

1. Weak Domain Name
  2. All Search Traffic Driven to Homepage
  3. No Link Building
  4. All Links to the Homepage
  5. No Link Anchor Text Variation
  6. No Focus on Quality
  7. Lacking On Page Optimization
  8. No Site Structure
  9. Site With No Value Add
  10. Competitive Saturated Market With Inadequate Budget
  11. Picking a Market for 1
  12. Pick a Market Which Does Not Monetize
  13. Over-Aggressive Monetization From Day 1
  14. What Other Common SEM Errors do You See?

...read more

I want to thank you for posting that. #4 I am really guilty of. I'm going to change my backlinks around.

With #1, I already had sites and learned later that I should have stronger domain names. So my next site w/ the brand new domain name will be "keyword rich".

Just wanted to let you know - I BM this page so I can go back to it from time to time.
Thank you!

I'm guilty of #4 too, only because I have a link to my store in my sig at some forums/social sites I frequent. Not sure how to, or if you can, blog retail products yet. Article writing....forget about it. Never was my strong suite.

Actually, until I came here, I found myself guilty of #5 a lot too.

Yes many internet marketers are guilty of #4. It is only natural to build homepage links as they are the easiest to attain. Plus many people like to use the extra weight of their homepage to be able to target a competitive phrase. So they get caught up in that battle.

MI
Back