The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you join any paid survey program?

winsonong

affiliate
I saw an advertisement about earn part time income from paid survey. I wonder anyone did join this kind of program and really earn from it?

I worry about scams, therefore post the question here and listen to those who been joined. Is there any surveys is really paid per complete job?

I used to do it, made a little money, like $400 or so in a year. I tried every survey company out there, it's not worth it. You can make more money by making your own site and promoting it.

I would recommend being very careful around these. In order to get paid, you need to fill in your real details, otherwise is fraud. Sometimes what starts as a survey (in fact a plain zip-submit) ends as a trial offer and credit card details are requested. If you end up enrolled in a couple of these, with the fine print and all, it might be quite difficult to get out - in general you cannot leave before 7 days, so it soon becomes very time consuming.

On the other hand, since you listed Malaysia as your location, again - check twice - these programs are interested mostly in US and Western Europe participants, the good terms might not be available in your region.

I use surveys to monetize some of my older websites where I give freebies and other forms of incentives. The so-called "movie sites" killed the concept after making bank for a short period of time. Now most of the networks shave heavily to cover for the chargebacks on expensive trials, so it turns rapidly into a loss-loss game.You might want to consider a good affiliate program (travel, stay away from dating websites) and promote that actively (actually pre-selling their offers) - commissions are good and there is plenty of targeted public out there. Good luck!

Surveys area defintely a waste of time, I've joined a few sites and never got paid. Well except for this one time when I was on a PTC program but I think that doesn't count.

I would recommend being very careful around these. In order to get paid, you need to fill in your real details, otherwise is fraud. Sometimes what starts as a survey (in fact a plain zip-submit) ends as a trial offer and credit card details are requested. If you end up enrolled in a couple of these, with the fine print and all, it might be quite difficult to get out - in general you cannot leave before 7 days, so it soon becomes very time consuming.

On the other hand, since you listed Malaysia as your location, again - check twice - these programs are interested mostly in US and Western Europe participants, the good terms might not be available in your region.

I use surveys to monetize some of my older websites where I give freebies and other forms of incentives. The so-called "movie sites" killed the concept after making bank for a short period of time. Now most of the networks shave heavily to cover for the chargebacks on expensive trials, so it turns rapidly into a loss-loss game.You might want to consider a good affiliate program (travel, stay away from dating websites) and promote that actively (actually pre-selling their offers) - commissions are good and there is plenty of targeted public out there. Good luck!

Thanks a lot victorm, you gave me a better understanding of those paid survey by provided a details information about it.

I have been taking surveys online for nearly a year now and I have generated thousands of dollars so far and counting. The key is to sign up for as many of the nice ones as you can.

Total waiste of time, don't even bother with the surveys.

You might get couple of surveys to do, but you will never reach enough commissions to actually withdraw the money (you can read in their terms and conditions). Also, a lot of these sites offer to buy something in order to get a survey... so... basically, instead of earning you are actually waisting even more money! LOL!

There is no easy way. If you want to make money online, you will have to work hard for it.

PTC = Pay To Click.

Generally this is considered a scam. Most merchants will quickly find out that you are using this model, and reverse all payments if they can or end the relationship at the least.

The way it works:
Merchant selling widgets buys traffic at a set rate of $1.00 / user. (Never this high, just simple math).
Affiliate pays user $0.50 to click.
User never converts.
Affiliate made a quick buck. Merchant lost a lot of money. Merchant ends program QUICKLY, pays very little from then on out or goes out of business.
Affiliate in this scenario gives industry a bad name. Goes to hell and makes the devil ashamed.
Well, that may be an exaggeration, but it is a short term model for an affiliate program, and you are generally much better off on the long term models.

PTC = Pay To Click.

Generally this is considered a scam. Most merchants will quickly find out that you are using this model, and reverse all payments if they can or end the relationship at the least.

The way it works:
Merchant selling widgets buys traffic at a set rate of $1.00 / user. (Never this high, just simple math).
Affiliate pays user $0.50 to click.
User never converts.
Affiliate made a quick buck. Merchant lost a lot of money. Merchant ends program QUICKLY, pays very little from then on out or goes out of business.
Affiliate in this scenario gives industry a bad name. Goes to hell and makes the devil ashamed.
Well, that may be an exaggeration, but it is a short term model for an affiliate program, and you are generally much better off on the long term models.

I agree fully! It's a huge waist of time and money for the merchant. Unfortunately many merchants get drawn in by the idea of sitting back and seeing high traffic statistics. As you said absolutely none of the visitors will ever convert since they are waiting to get paid them selves.

Jack

There are some genuine sites I am sure, but they are hidden under hundresd of rip off sites with far more aggressive marketing. So no, leave it be and learn how to build yourself a real business.

I used to do it, made a little money, like $400 or so in a year. I tried every survey company out there, it's not worth it. You can make more money by making your own site and promoting it.

Can you please give a tip on particullar non-scam paid surveys ? Any specific negative experience with any ?

Paid surveys actually works, the issue is most of this surveys are meant for U.S citizen, only few are open to countries like Canada, U.K.

If you reside in U.S and want to take advantage of paid survey you need to join a paid survey sites that will allow you access to their database of survey companies.

That way you stand a better chance of making some cash for your opinion.

Best Wishes,

John

I've joined a paid survey but after I earn minimum pay out they didn't pay me..Yeah..They're scam...But I think there may be NO SCAM paid survey..Good luck..

MI
Back