The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

DMOZ Listing

shakemelikeapig

affiliate
I was looking over the Fiverr gigs for DMOZ submission but it's hard to gauge the success as the buyer's seem to have given reviews based on the speed of the submission rather than whether or not the site was accepted. I was wondering if anybody knows of a decent service with regard to getting listed on DMOZ? I know it doesn't have the impact it used to but still seems like it's worth going for.

I don't know of a service but I will tell you it took me 7 times to get mine submitted. I decided to keep trying until the accepted.

I see so many horrible outdated websites there that was made in 90's and never updated and it takes so long for them to accept new websites. You should be lucky if you get accepted there easily.

In my opinion, Google should not give any authority to DMOZ at all.

It's def not an easy task getting listed in DMOZ, but before you do make sure your site is 100% ready for them to review and have original content. If its cookie cutter templates then the chance you getting in is slim. Def worth getting into them as its value in ranking. No need to pay for a gig, by the time you find one, pay the 5 bucks and have the work done, you could have done it already. Applying for DMOZ is almost as bad as applying for the EPN network (if you know what I mean).

I highly doubt that a $5 gig on fiverr is going to help you to get a DMOZ listing at all. DMOZ listings are notoriously hard to get and unless you know an editor on the inside there's little more that you can do then submit your site, wait and hope for the best.

I'd just submit your site to DMOZ and then just move on to other types of links.

Try doing what I did and resubmit until they accept it. last week I submitted a new site of mine, its not in there yet so next week I will submit again. I do this about every two or three weeks until I get in. I honestly don't think a Fiver gig has any better chance at getting you listed then you do. You know your site and niche better then someone on Fiver.

Try doing what I did and resubmit until they accept it. last week I submitted a new site of mine, its not in there yet so next week I will submit again. I do this about every two or three weeks until I get in. I honestly don't think a Fiver gig has any better chance at getting you listed then you do. You know your site and niche better then someone on Fiver.

Interesting strategy.

I've only ever submitted my sites once and they never seem to get listed. Haven't ever tried re-submitting regularly .

Have you had much success with this approach?

banners
Back