The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

DMOZ are actually trying to change

temi

affiliate
Its quite easy to criticize DMOZ but I think they are trying to change as well, I found the list below on a website, it talks about the changes DMOZ are considering making. I think this changes will greatly improve DMOZ if they can effect it
What do you think?

- Ability for a user to tag a site
- Ability for editors to provide their categories/topic areas as feeds (e.g. RSS)
- Allowing the directory to provide results on a Mobile Phone
- Expanded editor profiles enabling communication, blog, video greetings, etc. with the community
- Expanded category features enabling communication (blog, wiki, etc.) about a topic
- Enhanced search capability for users
- Ability for editors to add geographic and other topical tags to listings
- Ability for the user to rate a site
- Ability for users to download data by category or topic area
- Open source DMOZ code
- Ability for users to see the queue of sites waiting for review
- Enhanced search capability for editors
- Ability for users to get automatic feedback on the status of submissions
- Inclusion of advertising on DMOZ.org search results page

Its THE web directory, its the most comprehensive web directory on the net with thousands of Editors etc etc etc even Google get materials for their own Directory from DMOZ

Sounds like a great list. Unfortunately none of it would address any of the corruption that goes on with editors denying sites that compete with their own etc.

For sure as a submitter this would be the best and most useful of them all.

You would no longer feel the need (or would you) to get agrivated by the lazy incompetant editors. I'm not saying they are but currently there is no way to gauge your submission status/progress so they might aswell be lol

- Inclusion of advertising on DMOZ.org search results page

This is probably most important step they are taking.

With paid advertising they will generate at least some resources to support the project.

There is a limit how far you can go purely on voluntary basis without financial support...

For sure they are trying to change few stuff here and there but they still have a lot of work to do. They get daily a lot of spam and all the editors are also webmaster and you just cannot sacrifice your work time to remove spam ...

- Ability for users to get automatic feedback on the status of submissions

Now that would be a benefit.

MI
Back