The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Directory Submission

R

Ricus

As soon as you have finished setting up your website, you should immediately start submitting your website to various website directories. This will increase your visitors rate, the popularity of your website and the count of backlinks. In addition you should know, that there are free and paid directories, which can be quite expensive.

Yes, directory submissions are a great part of your search engine optimisation. Be sure to submit your website to directories that are for your niche and that are high page rank. Im not saying dont submit your website to non-niche directories & lower page rank ones, but doing so will be better for your website & the visitors that you get from actual clicks on your directory link will be more targeted and will be more likely to buy from your site or sign up to it.

I try to be careful about which link directories I submit to, Google doesn't take kindly to link directories.

I also try to promote on link directories real people actually visit, like the ones forums have.

Couldn't agree more on this :) this is something I always make a point of doing. I will always make some time to just sit and spend time finding free forum directories and submitting my site to them which really does help a great deal. One of the other things I also do first is I submit my site to all major search engines aswell.

Oops, I forgot to submit my site to any directories but that's ok, I rank just fine anyway :/

The only place I ever submit my site is in GWT when I do a search as googlebot crawl and hit the submit url button afterwards.

I heard that directory submission don't really pass any link juice or much traffic anymore. Infact, i remember someone mentioning that they may negatively affect your search engine rankings. How true is that, i don't know.
But i would like to try submitting to these directories, does anyone have a list of directories?

Have any of you actually done any testing to see if it's all true? If you set up a new site that has nothing but links from directories how does it perform?

I'd love to see some figures to back up what people believe, if you have any.

Do they still have a place since the series of Google Updates? The percentage between those who say they are still good and those that say they are obsolete are pretty much 50-50.

Directory Submission is a Off-page SEO techniques. It is a way to build quality and quantity of backlinks which increase PR and your search engine results.

MI
Back