The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Directory Network

temi

affiliate
Does anyone here run a directory networks? I mean network interms of when a site is submitted to one directory, it is also added to all the other directories in the network.

I want to set up a network of 10 directories just want to know if there is a demand for submission to such directory setup.

Thanks

Hi temi,
Its really a great Idea to start a directory network. I have just 2 directories and one more in pipeline, If you start such kind of thing I would like to put my directories in that network. One is SEO and other is Travel Directory.

regards
John

John,
Thanks very much for your feedback, I find it encouraging, I have started working on the directory, cannot say when it will be ready, hopefully it will be sometime next month.

I have seen some directory networks selling only paid listings in bulk. This page has some details: wmhaven.com/guaranteed_directory_submission.html

The problem with directory networks (like the one you are talking about) is that they have duplicate content ALL OVER. It shouldn't be very difficult for SEs to find out and that would mean a penalty for all of the directories.

You can try ifabc.com/submit.php too. It's an interface to 5-6 directory networks :)

I see your point about duplicate, but that applies to almost all directories on the internet because most directory submitters just submit their site to as many directories as possible with the same anchor text/descriptions.

A clever directory owner can add some modifications to ensure contents of his network of directories are not identical

I have seen some directory networks selling only paid listings in bulk. This page has some details: wmhaven.com/guaranteed_directory_submission.html

The problem with directory networks (like the one you are talking about) is that they have duplicate content ALL OVER. It shouldn't be very difficult for SEs to find out and that would mean a penalty for all of the directories.

You can try ifabc.com/submit.php too. It's an interface to 5-6 directory networks :)

Yes. that's right. I have seen many directory owners (paid ones) writing unique descriptions for the websites submitted to their directories. But in that case 'order' of websites in the directories is different from others. And all directories don't accept all sites.. so that tends to help with duplicate content issue.

jitendraag cover me at the most obvious disavantage and the worst.Another is interlinking each other,host in the same ip,have the same editorial standars...and many more.If you are talking to make a directory network that will bring some existed directories together then its a different story...

@Scoobby. You are right about directories interlinking each other but there is no proof for same IP getting less SEPRs. Shared hosting guys would have 100s of sites on the same IP.

I recently found out and documented other directories on the same IP in my directory list. You might want to have a look to see some directory networks (and some directories using shared hosting).

Is it really helpful if we run directory network :confused: Appreciate genuine feedback from any owner who has directory network.

DON.

I'll give you the refference of only two Directories (this time only) using same database same structure and are internet's most trusted Directories.

Google Directory
DMOZ

Also read the Description of Google Directory
The content of the Google directory is based on the Open Directory and is enhanced using Google's own technology

Why there is no any duplicate content issue?
Actually it is not applicable for listings.

regards
John

banners
Back