The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Directories

sarra234

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to rank high in serp just submitting your site to free directories, how much directories there should be submitted to see the result?

Again, directories can help some, if they are the right directories. Look for niche directories rather than general directories for the most part, or submit to the well established directories like Yahoo, Best of the Web, ODP/DMOZ if you are prepared to either pay or wait a long time for approval.

For me submitting to directories did not work well. The main reason is, it is very hard to get approval as well as, as far as I know, there are more directories require a backlink too. So, I don't think we can get valuable link from there. But there can be very few :D

I tried to submit to that directories this summer, but they didn't approve my sites yet...

Same here - it takes them a long time to get approved and I have clients waiting for me. I also heard that directories don't help that much anymore. I've moved on doing other techniques.

I'm glad to find some that share my sentiment. Same here. They either want a linkback or payment. I'm not against paying, but I don't know a good directory from a bad one. Many look the same.

If the directories are not human edited then they are of no SEO value. Very few of these are free. Also they tend to require that your businesses name appear in the home pages page title which isn't very good for SEO unless the name includes your primary keyword phrase.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to rank high in serp just submitting your site to free directories, how much directories there should be submitted to see the result?

I don`t think directories is a main tools to increase traffic, however i use it as a 2nd assistant tool along with other white hate SEO tools.

That depends on the competion for the particular keyword you want to rank high in SERPS for - higher competitions more links (quality and numbers) needed

That depends on the competion for the particular keyword you want to rank high in SERPS for - higher competitions more links (quality and numbers) needed

While i agree with what you said here I would take it a step further. Directories are not a good source of Do Follow backlinks because most of them are not human edited. If a site is not edited the links are useless.

Directories are not a good source of Do Follow backlinks because most of them are not human edited. If a site is not edited the links are useless.

If a site is not human edited the links are useless???
I've never heard that before and it doesn't make sense to me.

No, it's not exactly true, although there is some truth in it.

Google has said at various times that they don't recommend submitting to directories with certain characteristics, for example:

• those that accept all submissions without editing or "quality control"
  • those that charge an annual fee (in general) rather than a fee for editorial site review
  • bidding directories where your position in the directory depends on how much you pay
  • directories that are clones of DMOZ or other directories (scraper directories)
Basically, Google will devalue links from such sites in the same way that they devalue or discount paid links and blatant link exchanges.

That of course doesn't mean they are worthless - just that links from quality directories who use quality control in the links they accept are valued more.

banners
Back