The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Directories are DEAD?

arthur.online

affiliate
I've read that google is changing it's search algorithm and I noticed that a lot of directories have now PR on the homepages but no PR on the internal pages. Even not 0 but no-PR/not-indexed. PHPLD almost all directories are like that.

Any comments / ideas?

Yes, you are right directories are more or less dead, there are very few directories alive this days, they tend to be niche directories with good contents apart from just listing websites.

I think you are absolutely right. web directories are almost dead as now i think google is not considering backlinks to determine the PR. If they are not considering backlinks then what algorithm are they using? Any idea?

I don't think they are dead at all. they are great to get some extra traffic from. I don't think it's good to look at everything through page rank glasses.

I don't think they are dead at all. they are great to get some extra traffic from. I don't think it's good to look at everything through page rank glasses.
Do you really think that directories can send good amount of traffic? Till now i have submitted my blog to about 2000 directories and not even 1% of traffic i have got from it. They are just good for backlinks and nothing more. Link building is surely good for high PR and huge traffic.

Can you place name some directories which give good traffic. DMOZ and yahoo is the best but they also dont give much traffic.

Submitting in free directories is a waste of time because most of them are MFA and disappear after one year or so, There are few directories which are maintained manually like DMOZ, they are worthwhile.

i think that's why we should pick some old directories, so that we will be sure that the directory where you will put your links is good :D

Maybe the blog just wasnt all that interesting :p Ive personally submitted sites to directories because instead of just reading what other people I just try things for myself, some sites will be popular in directories and some wont. A blog about the manufacture of resistors vs a website selling cheap mobile phones, my guess is for the mobile phones its probably worth being submitted. Still there are many an seo consultant on here who will say whether their experiences have paid off...im still waiting to find out.

As per Google directories are useful but... that was old practice now going dead, Yes there are very few directories with good contents. Just now a days for web 2.0 sites are useful for links & massive traffic.

web directories links are not useful as most of time they are not indexed by google and these days people are making MFA web directories.

MI
Back