The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

difference between ezine and article advertising?

Dorian

affiliate
What is the difference between ezine and article advertising? I work with some people and they always present it as 2 different things when they are quite similar.

Thanks.

Dorian

I don't deal much on that side of things but in my mind article marketing is more about submitting articles to article directories partly in hope people will re-publish on their sites - so article marketing is more web based.
Ezines are email based. Now someone could publish your article in their Ezine too so maybe that's where you are confused.

Did that make sense and do I have it right?

Thank you, yes that does make sense. I have heard of www.directoryofezines.com which is a paid service which I was thinking of using but it is pricy. Do you know any good sites that I can advertise with their ezines without me spencding endless hours online finding them?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dorian

In that past I found some sites by Googling. They were ones where you pay 30 and get on 200 zines or something. I never did try it. Just don't think many people read those ad filled ezines. You need to find the really good ones that have enough value that subscribers actually read them. They might know over at the warrior forum. More ezine types over there I think.

in my opinion, submitting the same article to hundreds of directories is no good. I mean could get penalty by Google (duplicate contents) might end up in Supplementary Result...

Difference between article advertising and ezine Advertising

Hi Dorian,

The primary difference is that you must pay to get your article into an ezine and the article directories allow this for free.

Another good means for getting a certain type of article out there free is using Press Releases. They are VERY effective for SEO placement.

To Your Success,

Rod

Hello Dorian,

There are many places to get more information on using press releases to market your business.

If you simply Google "Press Release Marketing" or "Using Press Releases", etc you will find a plethora of information on it.

Take care,

Rod

Hi Dorian,
Having done both (ezine advertising and article marketing), I'll throw my two cents in. :)

Ezine Marketing
Generally, ezine adverts are much shorter than an actual article. This is because ezine publishers limit their adspace so their readers aren't overwhelmed by them.

If you can get your article picked by an ezine, then it's a great opportunity to reach a large and targeted audience at no cost. Many ezine publishers do accept free submissions but don't guarantee your article will be run, otherwise, they spend some time searching free article directories and other resources for their content. In most cases, the ezine publisher usually writes her own content/articles.

The success of an ezine advert will depend greatly on the list you're sending it to. How was it gathered? Are the readers active? Do they trust the ezine publisher? How are the ads displayed in the ezine? All of this, and more will determine whether you'll be wasting money or not.

Personally, I'd rather save my money and do article marketing. My two attempts at ezine advertising didn't pan out, however, I didn't spend that much to begin with so I'm not bitter about it. :)

My recommendation, if you're going to advertise in an ezine, is to subscribe to the ezine and read a few issues to get a feel for it. You can learn a lot about the publisher this way.

Article marketing
The idea behind article marketing is to write quality articles that will be submitted to various free article directories. You have nothing to worry about regarding duplicate content penalties as long as you don't republish it on your own website in the exact form you submitted it.

You can still publish an article on your website, simply make sure that you rewrite/reword it so it's not picked up for duplicate content. Other marketers would suggest publishing the article on your own site first, then submitting it to the directories after 30-60 days.

Your earnings will come from affiliate recommendations that you place in your bio box. (Some article directories don't allow straight affiliate links, therefore, you must first set up a landing page on your own site.)

If you're brand new to article marketing, I would highly recommend signing up for the Bum Marketing course. It's helpful, gives you some good tips, and get you off in the right direction.

Press releases
Press releases are another subject altogether. If not done properly, you could end up losing money, your release could end up buried before anyone has a chance to read it, or it may simply be rejected before it's released.

While press releases are great for exposure and (if done properly) SEO, they do require a different style of writing.

I'd recommend reading Alice Seba's Press Release Profits and also downloading the New Rules of PR ebook.

Hope I've helped,
~ Teli

1- Ezine marketing is three types:
a- ezine articles : ask ezine publishers to publish your articles in their ezines
b- ezine advertising: where you use ad to advertise your business, most of ezine publishers use ads to increase their income and there are three types:
b-1- classifieds ads: at the middle or at the bottom (4-5 lines)
b-2- sponsoship ads (at the top ) 4-5 lines
b-3- solo ads or email ads where only your ads will emailled by ezine publishers to their subscribers
c- JV : select ezine publishers to promote your business and you will pay them for performance it is different to solo ads that with solo ads you pay determined fee for the ads.

2- articles marketing : promote your business or products by using articles and submit them into articles directories, related web sites to your business.

3- press releases: use prweb.com
learn before you contact them, it can be rejected.

MI
Back