The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Did anyone watch the Shaq's Big Challenge?

JAmieF

affiliate
Hi All

Did anyone watch Shaq's Big Challenge last nite? He is trying to help 6 overweight teens lose weight and have an active lifestyle.

It got me thinking about how many hours I spend on computer and the amount of exercise I get during the day. I tend to spend at least 9 hours on a computer a day with about 1-2 hours of physical exercise.

How many hours do other 5 star members spend on a computer vs the amount of exercise they do a day?

I spend a lot more than 9 hours a day on a computer. On the days when I stay up all night I'm on a computer about 22 out of the 24 hours. Then there are some days I stay up for 2 or 3 days without sleep. On those days I spend most of the hours at a computer.

A normal day for me would be at least 18 hours on a computer and possibly 1 hour exercise. I like to walk or jog for about an hour a day when I can. Now that it is hot and very humid, I do more walk more than I jog.

I don't sleep very much. I'm one of those people who doesn't seem to need much sleep and that really comes in handy because I can get a lot of work done.

It also helps me to be able to pay a lot of attention to what is going on with the 5 Star forums at all hours of the day, night and morning.

But, there is a very special feeling when I exercise. It helps me feel like a new man while I exercise and right after.

There is a big grew at work that go to the gym. We are also getting together again for our afternoon runs!

You need that good balance of exercise and work.

I'm at the computer for a good 9 hours a day, I'd say. Active about 1-2 hours a day as well.

The active segment of my time does not apply to Sundays, by the way. The best way to describe my Sundays is L-A-Z-Y. :p

Yes, I watched it. My neighbor produced it. It was very inspirational, and got me to thinking about sitting in front of the computer, as well. So I've started a new regiment -- forcing myself to take breaks, walk and exercise daily!

I watched it too Jamie. It definitely reminded me of how many hours I sit and sit and sit and sit, eat and then more sitting. LOL

What got me about the show is when Shaq left the kids alone in the gym and expected them to keep up their routine. Come on' these are kids who have probably never exercised in their life, did he really expect them to behave while they were unsupervised? Come on Shaq!

That is a good point, they do need a supervisor / coach. I think that is what is going to happen this week.

Where is my MP3 by the way?

Oh good. I must've missed the previews for next week.

mp3... oh... right.... ahem... it's on its way. LOL :D

Watched the other night it was stressfull to watch Shaq sweat so bad he thought he had a lawsuit on his hands a kid had hard time breathing! And was taken to the hospital! I think its a good thing if he gets kids more active!! Go Heat!!

He does have the right idea about getting kids active but pushing them that hard will not encourage those kids to stick with exercise.

Exercise should be fun, enjoyable and challenging!

I was glad to see Walter (I think that's his name) doing well. He is the one I thought would give Shaq problems but he seems to be hanging in there.

I've been catching the show as well. Those kids are hilarious. The way they make excuses for why they didn't follow their routine is the funniest part of the show. I empathize with them, though.

I think Walter is the real trooper in the gang. He's got good discipline and I'm eager to see what his results will be by the end of the show. James, on the other hand, needs to get seriously motivated. I can't believe he said "I don't really like your attitude," to the trainer. Good grief!

1_20.jpg

MI
Back