The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Diary of The Worlds Lowest Earning Full Time Affiliate Marketer

Nothing earth shattering happening at my end. I read up on a lot of material that Dr NGO recommended. Then got back to drawing board with a new campaign.

I am testing out what I learned. Testing out new Landing Page designs and layouts.

Keep going , I think that main difference between success and failure in life or affiliate marketing or everythink else is : you never give up still going still creating new campaigns and angels LPs and so you must be successful

dr ngo blog is a treasure. Always get new insights in his writing and boost my confidence when the first time start the campaign.

Good luck, Cap'n! Your persistence will get you there. I'm interested to know how your new campaign goes.

I hope everyone is getting drunk, or at least eating a rum cake.

I tested out BuzzCity today. I have decided not to use BuzzCity again for the following reasons:

- You can upload only one image to a campaign. So if you want to test 40 Ads, you need to create 40 campaigns. Lot of work. But thats okay.
- Slow approval process.
- Bit too expensive for me. They have a 5$ minimum per campaign. At a CPC of 0.01, thats 500 clicks per Ad. You do not need to spend that much to know if an Ad works. If you have the budget, thats fine.

I got a taste of it, I might come back to it later because they got massive volume in Asia.

*Captain wishes 'erryone a Merry Christmas*

Here is how I have setup BuzzCity on Voluum:

buzz1.png

buzz2.png

You also need to go to Advertiser > Settings and enable Clickcode:

buzz3.png

Refer this: Conversion Tracking/1.1 - BuzzCity Documentation

Last edited:
Ditto what Internalsoul said. :)

I've been offline for a couple of months myself, so hope to live vicariously through you. Any exciting news on the campaign front?

Earlier last month, I had no campaigns running, I had failed on my targets I had set for myself and I thought I was back to square one. I was thinking to myself, how the hell am I going to meet my target before summer.

Then it hit me. I am not back to square one. True, I will have to start on a new campaign now, but as compared to last September when I was starting fresh, I knew what I was doing.

- I had affiliate accounts and affiliate managers whom I could talk to. I know where to go to find an offer.
- I have mastered Voluum. Back in September I didn't even understand how tracking works.
- I know what to expect. I understand that profitable campaigns are not found, they are built.
- I have an assortment of banners, banner ideas, headline ideas, and landing page templates ready for me to use.
- I have a better understanding on how to read and analyze data.

Einstein said, "Failure is success in progress".

The stage is set. All I have to do is to make that profitable campaign that will make the investment I have made in time and money on all the 30 campaigns I have worked on so far worth it.

So this new year..

I decided to move on from App installs to a better domain. As a newbie I thought promoting free apps would be easy money. I mean, its a free app, and who wouldn't want to install a handy utility that will extend their mobile battery and improve performance, right?

Wrong. In my experience so far, promoting free stuff is only marginally better than promoting offers where the end user has to pay something.

More reasons why I decided to move on:

- Majority of the app install offers are usually very low paying. True, there are some games and apps that pay well, but they pay well because they expect the users to upgrade or make an in-app purchase and if your leads fail to do that, eventually the advertiser will cut you out as low quality. Think of losing an offer after you make the campaign profitable by spending hundreds of dollars into it.
- App Install offers come and go. I had to give up multiple promising campaigns and even a profitable campaign at a time because the offer was withdrawn. I am not saying that other offers stay for ever, but at least for me, app install offers are withdrawn much faster than the other ones.
- Every newbie comes in and begins with an app install offer. Like I did. Probably for the same reasons too, thinking that promoting free apps is easy money.
- App Install offers often has a lead cap. Not that I was hitting the cap, nor am I claiming that other offers do not have lead caps. But if you think about it, an advertiser paying affiliates in the hope that the users the affiliate brings in is gonna convert is going to be really cautious with his money. For other offers, the advertiser pays only after getting the money from the end user.

So I have moved on to Pin Submits and sweepstakes. So far, the results are promising.

Based on a little chat I had with a friend of mine last week, I have upped my initial test budget from 10$ to 50$ per offer. And I am currently working on a new traffic source and making solid progress with an offer.

*Captain goes back to work*

Last edited:
Love your positive attitude, Cap'n! Instead of bemoaning the results, you are focusing on your strengths and progress to forge a new route to your goals. Seriously, how can you possibly fail?? Well, you just can't.

Love your positive attitude, Cap'n! Instead of bemoaning the results, you are focusing on your strengths and progress to forge a new route to your goals. Seriously, how can you possibly fail?? Well, you just can't.

Thanks for the kindness @azgold . But there is a long way to go for me. Whats happening at your end?

I like your attitude bro, never to give up with positive and optimistic thinking. That's the only reason You are going to succeed, no matter how many hurdles you have to pass through. My best wishes is always with you. Keep it going cap , as capt. sparrow always make his own way :)

I like your attitude bro, never to give up with positive and optimistic thinking. That's the only reason You are going to succeed, no matter how many hurdles you have to pass through. My best wishes is always with you. Keep it going cap , as capt. sparrow always make his own way :)

Thanks brother! Sparrow is a solid inspiration, I like that you brought that up :)

MI
Back