The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Designers - what software do you like to code for?

pandaa

affiliate
What is your favorite software to design/code for, and why? Is it the easiest, or is it based more on what you can do with it?

For all my coding needs, I use NetBeans with PHP - kind of good for a freeware which has inline code support. Though it relies on Java and needs it to be installed, it still is my preferred choice. Dreamweaver is good but expensive and I cannot afford that. I have also used NotePad+ for coding but that was when I was doing only xHTML and CSS kind of websites.

For designing, though I am not a designer, I normally use GIMP (freeware again) but then there are days when my clients give me PSDs to translate into websites and for that I do need Photoshop. One of my clients has given me a Portable version of Photoshop and it works for almost all the slicing etc that I need.

I use Dreamweaver or notepad or the visual template system in the selected software like Wordpress. Most of the time it depends what machine im working on , where i am and whats more convenient at the time.

For the actual design process whether it be a PSD , simply image editing or something i use Photoshop all the time, illustrator if needed and also fireworks. Ive yet to find a graphics program which im comfortable with other than the adobe Suites.

I use waaaay to many different software packages!

Dreamweaver, Sublime Text, Coda 2 and Netbeans.

I must admit though, Coda 2 is my beloved! :)

Dream viewer is also a good application, I love to use it but it's much heavy than notepad++, so mostly people prefer notepad++ on slow systems.

I'm also using WordPress and for the same initially i start with Notepad++, then Netbeans- it's easy cause have auto edit.

I use Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 with inbuilt php plugins for doing my codding work. I do most of css (basic Structuring) in Netbeans and advanced CSS in Adobe Dreamweaver.

banners
Back