The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Dazed and Confused !!

Timberg

Hello everyone my name is Tim and I am definately a newbie!I have been spending countless hours over the last couple of months trying to aquire valuable knowledge and tips on affiliate marketing. My biggest problem is that I am a sponge for information and as many of you know, there are countless programs,Ebooks and training programs out there to look at.My head is spinning with all these tactics.I have looked at so many differant things that I am now lost as to what my next step is.Is there such a thing as a simple 5 step program?

Tim Berg

Hi Tim,

Welcome to 5 Star. Info overload is a hazzard of the trade and it happens to everyone, so don't feel like the lone ranger! :p

Unfortunately there is no one simple 5 Star process that works for everyone.
If there was EVERYONE would be doing the same thing and then no one would be able to make money at it.

One of the exciting AND challenging things about AM is that it is so versatile and there are so many ways to do it.

HOWEVER you will stay stuck in info land suffering from analysis paralysis if you don't STOP - PICK a NICHE - And DOOOOOOOO something!

The best was to start??? Well that depends on YOU!!!
Your skills, your background, what you are intersted in, know about and are hopefully passionate about and your finances (if you have any budget to start with).

Read all the stickies in our newbie forum, then several of the threads in the niche forum. PICK YOUR NICHE 1st. Then it's easier to figure out where to go from there. What type of site would be best for that niche, what type of marketing, etc. But you have to START somewhere and picking a niche is the 1st step.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
If you need help figuring out which niche after you narrow it down, or pick a niche and arent sure the best next step, just ask. We're here to help.

I've got a simple plan for you:
  1. Get a domain name
  2. Create a simple website
  3. Create content
  4. Choose your affiliate programs and products to go with your content

Hope this helps,

Sheree

I believe that I have this part done, the hard part is getting traffic!

Traffic is one of the most challenging parts for everyone. I have several friends just starting out and I always tell them to do a little bit everyday because those little things you do today, build up your traffic for the long run. Some of those things include...

1) Blogging (or adding some content to your site each day)
2) Posting answers on Yahoo Answers (choose questions in your niche)
3) Find forums related to your niche and offer useful, relevant advice and use your sig
4) Comment on other people's blogs related to your theme
5) Go to AdWords or Yahoo Search and bid on really cheap keywords in your niche (if you can afford it)
6) Be sure your blog and/or site has a sitemap and submit it to the popular engines so they are aware of your updates

These are just a few things you can do on an ongoing basis to help build up your traffic over time.

Of course, in the end, good content is what rules. You could do all the above and have a sub par site or a site that doesn't offer anything unique or useful and see minimal results. So your first order of business is to really nail down who your target audience is and write to target their needs.

Thank you so much for laying this all out. I now feel like I have a much better plan of what I need to do to create my niche website. Looking to start it in a couple of weeks. :)

MI
Back