The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Customer development guide

I would like to discuss the topic since there is not much information on that topic which I think is the most important for any business success.

There are many layers within customer development so I am going to go over the main 2 and a bonus:

Layer one

Be in touch – keep talking to your customers. Understand why they buy your product. This will bring you closer to understanding the NEED your product feeds.

*Regularly there are several types of customers and each has individual needs that your product feeds. This is a great way to discover NEW potential markets that the company didn’t consider.

Layer two

Test – Keep testing your advertisements with A\B tests:

Make two advertisements like landing pages\ banners\ posts\ etc. with only one difference such as color \ keyword \ image \ etc. and show them to your potential customers while keeping track of the results.

*In some cases this way proves to be even more effective than asking your customers directly because people usually have a hard time explaining the reason for their choices.

Layer three (Bonus)

Reverse engineering customer decisions – This is the basic idea that stands behind any great strategy:

When you talk to people and check what they like with the A\B tests you can go even deeper and define the mutual values that drive the different types of customers.

For example:customer based marketing tools . advertisements need to speak directly to the person in order to get attention and “close a sale”. If I advertise better standard of living to a person looking for a better job – even if the end result and service is the same the potential customer will probably not engage just because the advertisement is not speaking directly to him \ her.

What you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been developing customer KPI metrics based on customer affinity learned from the type of performance tests you outlined.

Developing hypothetical customer personas, in some form, and trying to link the categorized persons to event driven empirical data is really reaching in online marketing *playbooks*

banners
Back