The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Create Affiliate Site in 5 Easy Steps

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Newbies: Create Affiliate Site in 5 Easy Steps

This is a very simple and basic step-by-step guide to building an affiliate site.
I may have shared it before, but it's good enough I wanted to share it again.

5 Easy Steps for Building a Professional Affiliate Site
from Goyami: Affiliate Marketing and Search Engine Marketing Blog
Posted by Adam Viener

"I created a new site yesterday, and I thought I would share my process with you as kind of a mini tutorial on how you can build a professional affiliate site for a merchant relatively quickly."

http://goyami.corante.com/archives/...or_building_a_professional_affiliate_site.php

Read the rest at the link above then ask questions or add your tips to Adams 5 Step process.

Hey Linda,

Since I tend to take your postings as gospel and try to check out all the links you post, I really wanted to check this one out. But I wasn't able to access it - I think it might be broken? Either that or its my dumb computer acting up like a spoiled child again :rolleyes:

I read the steps and my only bad comment would be that they don't really apply to the real newbie affiliate. Someone without online experience would take one look at the terms and sites you reference and be totally baffled.

It's something I've struggled with as an affiliate manager. You really have to help the person who is not net savvy.

But it's a good guide for those with internet experience and the initiative to want to try stuff out.

I guess both Linda and myself can take the blame for this one. Linda selected a title for the thread of "Newbies: Create Affiliate Site in 5 Easy Steps." I was the one who moved it into the new forum for newbies when the Newbie Affiliate Forum was started.

The opinions seem to be that in reality these steps will give newbies a bit of a headache. After taking a second and more complete look at all of the steps I would also say that some of them could be a bit of a challenge for someone who is just beginning.

So I have moved this out of the Newbie Affiliate Forum and into the General Topics Affiliate Forum.

I tried both links they dont work. I am trying to build an affiliate site to go with an existing domain that I have. I want to replace a review site that I got when I purchased an ebook.

kpfingaz, maybe the link wasn't working when you gave it a try. I just tried and the link works. Actually both posts contain the same link. The wrong link was in the first post but it was corrected shortly after I posted the correct link.

Larry,
The link is timing out for me too. It may be a problem with the Corante servers, but at the time of this writing, the site's down.

~ Teli

I am having the same problem now also. kpfingaz experienced the issue about 9 hours ago. The link worked fine for me about 8 hours ago. Teli, Oregon Coast Guy and myself are all unable to connect now. It is looking like there is a problem with the Corante servers.

A bit off track, but that's actually one of the reasons I stopped reading the Corante blogs - their servers always seemed to be down. But, this was a while ago, it's sad to see they're still having those problems.

~ Teli

The link is working for me now as well. Hope it will remain ok.

As stated earlier, both links are identical for reasons explained in an earlier post in this thread.

MI
Back