The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPC vs CPV

nonss123

affiliate
Hey,

I have been doing a campaign in the adult niche.

They both have similar targeting/bid price

Imgur
p6AUrmh

But one has CPC 0.0798 and other has 0.0094

while the same campaigns have CPV of 0.0049 and 0.0052

The cheapest CPC has a higher CPV which I really strange to me.

The first campaign targets mobile, tablet and computer.
While the other just target computer and tablet.

I was thinking the reason is that people often don't let the ad properly load when you are on mobile.

This is what bemob classifies each them as.

Clicks

A click is registered when a user clicks on the CTA button placed on a landing page, and then is redirected to your offer.

In case when direct linking option is enabled (i.e. no landing page) and a user clicks on an ad, he is redirected straight to the offer.
This event is counted as a visit.

Visits

An event registered when a user arrives on your landing page or offer.
When a user goes through the campaign URL, visit will be registered.

Attachments

• cpc vs cpv.PNG
    cpc vs cpv.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 12
  • cpc vs cpv.PNG
    cpc vs cpv.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 12
CPC refers to Cost per Click where when the user clicks your ad, you are charged for that. CPV refers Cost per View whenever a video is played, you are charged for that.

Just test both on the same page then reverse the positioning (scaling the bid?) Then calculate the response (CTR) to determine the real value. ofc, the quality of the creative and the video will matter a lot --to get a true reading.
Lot of variables, advanced tracking and calculations (and expense) required to test.

CPC refers to Cost per Click where when the user clicks your ad, you are charged for that. CPV refers to Cost per View whenever a video is played, you are charged for that.
That is wrong.

Well, here the CPC refers to the cost per click and CPV refers to the cost per visit.

I am assuming, you are using a landing page, a visit is a user who visits/lands/reaches your landing page, this is also equal to the number of clicks that you get on your creatives/banners in the advertising network. When the user clicks on a Call to Action button, it is counted as a click.

This ratio from Visits to Clicks is called CTR and looks like the campaign with higher CPC bid has a higher CTR and hence the cost per visit remains almost the same. Hope that helps ;)

Hey,

I have been doing a campaign in the adult niche.

They both have similar targeting/bid price

Imgur
p6AUrmh

But one has CPC 0.0798 and other has 0.0094

while the same campaigns have CPV of 0.0049 and 0.0052

The first campaign targets mobile, tablet and computer.
While the other just target computer and tablet.

I was thinking the reason is that people often don't let the ad properly load when you are on mobile.

This is what bemob classifies each them as.

don't bother yourself too much with that.
at the end of the day what matter is the ROI.
that's what you should take a look at, i don't care about the CPC or CPV as long as my ROI Is positive.

CPV and CPC both are the same - How much a click on your hyperlink or advert will cost.
Wrong again.

Why does everybody simply ignore the screenshots attached, the OP isn't asking about the general definition, rather what it means in his tracker that is bemob.

MI
Back