The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

CPA Newbie = Great to be here!

SteveRyan

affiliate
Hello everyone,
My name is Steve Ryan and I live on the south east coast of England in Kent.

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to make a living on-line but I just can't get my act together.
I figured that the main problem was that nothing I found to do was really that interesting to me.
In the past when I made money it was more to do with the thrill of the work than actually making money.
Sure, making money is the end game, but I'm at a stage of my life where I also want to have some fun along the way :)

Seems to me like CPA marketing might be just the business to get into.

I'd be very grateful if you could give me some advice as to where to start

All the best

Steve
ps. I found the forum watching a video on Demon Tracking onYoutube.

Jordan Stark is THE MAN! - Welcome anyway and great to see more UK people here!

Hey Steve!

Thanks for joining the forum! We are happy to have you here and we like to have an open atmophere where people can learn from each other.

Where to start?

Well i would try to figure out what type of traffic you want to monetize on. what type of webpage you want to create? do you want to do just media buys?
It all makes a difference and you can make money on any traffic type. Most important is to set your mind on the right track and take it step by step. do something little everyday and you will get there. This is not a race

Thankyou everyone.

Hi Dru,

Experience with copywriting, SEO, wordpress blogs, email marketing, that kind of thing. Day job is in on-line travel lead generation, PR, sales, Biz Dev.
My background was software product management in London beforehand.

Hi operationoffers
I was thinking of trying PPC/PPV target traffic to some CPA offers. Try and see if I can make some small profit on cheap traffic, rather than media buys to start.

Welcome to the forum Steve, you've come to the right place :)

What exact experience do you have online? Copywriting, PPC, design?

Hi Steve and welcome. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to get your act together, I feel I've very much been in the same boat for the best part of a year now. With such a dizzying array of traffic sources and methods it can be tough to buckle down and concentrate on one thing and stick with it long enough to give yourself a chance, but I'm learning that action and focus are the only routes to success in this game.

Nice to see a growing UK membership too! :)

Hey Steve!

For me it's definitely important to try to work on projects that are not only profitable but fun to work on - especially with SEO where you can be working on the same site for a long time to come.

Anyway welcome dude :)

banners
Back