The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

COVID-19 effect: mobile app spend rose

Graybeard

Low cost lockdown entertainment is one offer type that is up during the pandemic ...
The COVID-19 effect: mobile app spend rose 23.4% during first half of 2020
...COVID-19 lockdowns had an effect on consumer spending on apps, but now new data from Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence shows just how much mobile users spent during the first half of 2020. ...
The figures also highlight that lockdowns had a significant effect on people downloading new apps for the first time.
During the first half of 2020 there were some 71.5 billion first-time app installs, a rise of 26.1% from the previous year.
1half-COVID-2020-app-revenue-worldwide.png

'H' =half year

I see that TikTok is listed as second and third top grossing app in two categories. It made number one in all three download categories. I've seen on the news that its numbers have really soared, seems to be a 'hot' new platform.

Interesting that FB comes in dead last and only shows up in the GPlay category for the top grossing apps section. I've seen FB in the news too but not in a positive light. Of course, people are still downloading the app.

I wonder, if things continue to worsen in the US, or a second global wave hits, if we'll see similar growth for app offers.

TicToc is to be banned in the USA as a CCP PRC Chinese 'Plot' (another Trumpian diversion perhaps)
Facebook brand name advertisers are dropping like flies --they don't want their brands to be associated with the current Facebook policies (they say) ..I think a lot may have to do with declining revenues and ad budgets in general however.
read this earlier today: Latest agency layoffs and furlough measures in response to the pandemic | Ad Age

Like I said --DIY home entertainment is experiencing a gain as we adapt.

4. If you ever needed a reason to do things differently, now is it
Put yourself in the shoes of your target customer.

Right now, considering all that’s happening in the world, what do they need in order to be successful? How can you better help facilitate their wants and needs—not necessarily by doing what you’ve always done, but by considering a new and different way of providing your product or service?
4 reasons why businesses should keep investing and growing during a downturn
Just read this --the rest of the article has little use here --but this quote seemed relevant.

TicToc is to be banned in the USA as a CCP PRC Chinese 'Plot' (another Trumpian diversion perhaps)
Facebook brand name advertisers are dropping like flies

I saw that on CNN! I admit that I was a little surprised yet not, considering what's going on over there - the chaos and distractions.

Re FB, will they adjust their policies, or carry on? I heard that they're still getting their bread and butter from small business. Of course, their stockholders wouldn't be happy with them shrinking instead of expanding, so maybe I've answered my own question. Adapt or die.

Just read this

From the article:
company leaders everywhere are surely hearing from their employees what’s working and what isn’t.

I once worked for a company whose president didn't bother to ask the employees involved in a new product and its release and actually lost money because of that. He did have the pricing and marketing departments source and get the net costs of the components but missed factoring in some of the costs he didn't consider, simply because he wouldn't ask a (lowly) employee's advice or input.

This would be the perfect time for anyone of that bent to encourage employee input. They often have seriously great improvement suggestions.

banners
Back