The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Could I ask for some laptop ideas?

lakeside7

affiliate
Hi,

I currently work at my desk at home but I will need to get a laptop within 4 weeks.

As I am a full-time affiliate marketer (although a newbie) I was wondering the types of laptops people favor to allow them to conduct business outside of the home, like at libraries, coffee shops, etc.

I am speaking in terms of size and required features.

Any advice would be very helpful. I actually plan on calling Dell if a few days to just inquire.

Thanks.

Jeff

I like Dell desktops and spent some time a couple of months back researching laptops there. In the past, there have been issues with reliability of Dell laptops and at times proprietary replacement parts.

In the end, based on user experiences among friends, family, and acquaintances, I bought a Toshiba Satellite. I admit I felt a little like a traitor because I still love my Dell desktops, but not enough to ignore Toshiba's track record for stability and reliability.

Did you consider a MacBook? I am a recent convert from a Sony Vaio to MacBook and I love it. You could not pay me to go back to a Windows based system in a PC or laptop. MacBook is great to create videos to use in your IM business using Keynote (iLife 09). You can literally create a video in less than 10 minutes. I hope it is not too late for you to consider a Mac. Good Luck!

I have a Dell 13" XPS that I love. Had some issues the first few months but Dell replaced all the parts (I would never buy one without the on site service repair warranty). The XPS is a power house, more for gaming and media which I don't need, but I bought it more for its size and function. I especially like the internal broadband card which I can use 99% of the places I go. This is my fourth Dell Laptop. I buy a new one every couple of years.

Dell or HP

I would stick with Dell or Hp. I have both and think that the Dell is a little less troublesome, but both are very nice laptops.

I went with a Toshiba Satellite dual core. It's been performing beautifully to date.

I've generally tried to stay away from HP or Compaq computers, desktops as well as laptops.

banners
Back