The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Core 2 Duo vs Duo Core

Scripter

affiliate
Ok i need some insight on these to machines.
I work part time as computer technician and lately we been selling these machines alot.
Consists of:
Core 2 Duo Processor 1.6gh.z or Duo Core 1.6gh.z
1gig Ram
DVD Rwriter
LCD 17 inch

Whats your insight on these both machines?
We both know for a fact they faster than any pentium 4 but which would you prefer?

I still can not get clear picture how to compare these "Core 2 Duo" to "P4 HT"

For example P4 have processing speeds up to 3.2 Ghz I believe and hyper threading technology should be working very similar to what Core 2 Duo does.

How fast are really these new CPUs are compared to P4 and what are other advantages except no overheating ( at least that's what I heard)?

I prefer intel over p4 - hyper threading has some limitations I thinkg - from what I can remember from computer systems last year!

I got a core 2 duo the only thing i have noticed doubling is not the cpu speed but the electric bill. :scared:

Wow, ok we got some great feedback.p4 and intel.. hmm xhan, I wont lie and say intel is not a good brand, but because its works with celeron, it can be very slow at times!
Cor 2 duo seems to be the best buy but also seems to take usage of other neccesities.

How is the Core 2 Duo compared to P4?
Well its known that a core 2 duo is faster than any P4!
Ok if you add that extra amount for more gh.z.
Overheating.. hmm ive never encountered that but surely i have encountered the boards can get faulty due to wrong power...

I prefer intel over p4...

Intel is a manufacturer of Pentium4 processors so I don't really understand how you can prefer manufacturer over his own product... :blink:

Regarding overheating...

Pentium4 Norwood processors used to get hot under pressure and than next class - Prescott could've worked as a stove.

I heard that Core 2 Duo is working on much lower temperatures but did not have a chance to check it yet.

A Core2Duo should perform about twice that of a Dual Core PentiumD. The PentiumD is build off of the Pentium 4 chips, Core2Duos run cooler and more efficient.

Really depends on what you plan to use the computer for and your budget.

Intel is a manufacturer of Pentium4 processors so I don't really understand how you can prefer manufacturer over his own product... :blink:

Regarding overheating...

Pentium4 Norwood processors used to get hot under pressure and than next class - Prescott could've worked as a stove.

I heard that Core 2 Duo is working on much lower temperatures but did not have a chance to check it yet.

I suppose I like it because I've not had any problems with it so far! We always used intels in the shop I used to work in - unless a customer requested a pentium.

The Core 2 Duo is Intel's second generation. Dual core is simply a generic term referring to any processor package with two physical CPUs in one.

banners
Back