The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Confused about Google Adwords?

MoMoMoney

affiliate
Hey Friends,

I found some keywords with the Google Keyword Tool that were showing .05 cost per click. I then searched these keywords in Google and there was not one ad showing. So, I put a bid in for .15 and Google comes back with keyword not active need .40 to be on first page. ???? Their is not one ad on the page. I do not understand.

MoMoMoney

this is sometimes because it doesnt do an exact match to your keyword it does what they call a broad match.

The thing with the AdWords tool is that you cannot trust it. Also, just because you bid on the keyword in Google does not mean you will ever show up for it. Check the quality score of your keywords and your ads. Check your landing pages, try bidding higher and give it a couple days to settle in. After a few weeks you should also start to get a better understanding of where your spend/position will be if you leave the campaigns alone. If for some reason after a couple days your ad still doesn't show for your search terms, you may want to try writing to support.

The thing with the AdWords tool is that you cannot trust it. Also, just because you bid on the keyword in Google does not mean you will ever show up for it. Check the quality score of your keywords and your ads. Check your landing pages, try bidding higher and give it a couple days to settle in. After a few weeks you should also start to get a better understanding of where your spend/position will be if you leave the campaigns alone. If for some reason after a couple days your ad still doesn't show for your search terms, you may want to try writing to support.

Liquid1 is right. Here's the deal - the adwords KW toolbar doesn't say anything about your ad being relvant to your landing page. I try to get at least a 7 - but it seems like I would always be bidding more to get on the first page. The client I'm working with now wants the ad in the top two or three...so basically, we're shelling out more money.

Bottom line - two things matter. The relevance of your ad to your landing page and then how much money are you willing to spend...

hope this helps.

banners
Back