The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Commission Junction

KenDoIt

affiliate
I have been live with my website for a couple weeks (See the link in my prof) and I am not receiving tremendous traffic but based on the fact that I have not yet done any PPC campaigns, I am ok with the traffic. My question is this: When I go to my reporting in CJ I see about 3500 impressions and about 50 clicks but no money. Is there a delay in reporting from CJ or is that normal or am I just simply being a baby and a little impatient. Hard to tell because my first instinct is perhaps the same as many - CJ isn't working?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Hi Ken,

It's common to think it isn't working. In reality you just don't have enough traffic and clicks yet. It can take up to 500 clicks before you get your 1st sale when you are new and still learning all the tricks. But after you build up it should average out to 1 sale for every 50 - 100 clicks. However some programs just don't convert well and could be more like 1/200. So it pays to test to be sure a program actually converts before investing in PPC.

There are other issues too like some merchants do batch uploads of sales once or twice a month in which case sales are not recorded real-time - but that's rare. You also could be targeting lookie-loo keywords that catch people in the info gathering stage as opposed to the ready to buy phase. (So many variables, hard to say.)

Hang in there. You could get to 75 clicks and all of a sudden get 3 sales in a row. But that's why you need to give it time to see the overall conversion pattern because sales volume goes up and down all the time.

I just wanted to chime in and agree with Linda on this. It took three months for me to make my first affiliate sale (many moons ago) from a site that had traffic already. Today that site has had hundreds of sales.

banners
Back