The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

.com vs .net web sites

eight_pieces

affiliate
I'm registering some affiliate sites, and I'm curious what people think about using .com vs. net sites. How important is it to go for the .com sites that are often gobbled up by squators?

Thanks for your input,
Richard

Richard,

I always try for the .com first. Regular surfers sometime may not know your URL, so they just take a shot by typing in your company name or product name in their browser? I would say all try .com

If I can't get the .com, I'll go for the .net next and then the .org

Regards,

Tony

I can find good .coms for almost every niche. You just need to get creative.
I just found several good domains for health niches that are 2 dictionary words,
very brandable, no dashes, no typos. Just need to think outside the box.

Thanks for the quick response. That's a good suggestion.

To take it one step further, why do you prefer the .com over .net (or some other extention.)?

Thank You,
Richard

Same reason Tony said. If someone sees your link and remembers is cuz it's a cool name or whatever - if they don't come to your site for awhile and and go from member they are likely to type coolsite.com. So you spent the money or time to market your site, but they go to the .com instead of your .biz

Also it sounds more professional to have a .com and the domain also has more value if you ever sell.

Honestly, even if you have a .net address, I think alot of people will automatically type in .com just out of habit.

If you use 100% online ads, and just link to your site, no worries.

but offline marketing i think .com is much much better.

doug

I wouldn't bother with .net unless you are somesort of a "network"...

Use .com if your are commerce

good luck! :eek:

MI
Back