The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Colour Scheme for Forums?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I just got this idea, and I though it would be interesting to ask you all which colour schemes you prefer, like the most especially on forums?

Which is your preferred colour scheme, and why?

I personally like blue, mixed with yellow/orange, but neat colours. Nothing too dark, light colours so it is easy on the eyes.

Regards,
Meti

Couldn't agree more. I think though, once you go to a forum and become a regular colour is so unimportant.

From a newcomers perspective though, the colours here are just fine the way they are.

On a different note, think it may be time to remove the banner ads on the right side of the forum homepage!

I like forum to be in blue colour, if I have my own forum, am going to use colour blue all throught...

Blue is soothing but a bit passive, red is more active - my site bounce rate went down when I changed from blue/greys to red!

I quite like oranges & yellows for forums

I quite like oranges & yellows for forums

Agreed. I think they look great, I think colours mean very much for a forum, it also attracts guests to sign up, that's why I think everyone should have a good selection of colours for their forum.

- Meti

There are two main points for the forum skin:

- it must be easy on the eye. That includes dark fonts on the light background and font size. Dark background will drive away people.

- You must have some contrast not to put people to sleep. This default VB color combination is so depressing...

Blue for a forum is my favourite but it depends on what kind of blue it is and what other colours may be mashed in with it.

I'm not keen on light or dark boards, simply not good on my eyes at all.

pink green and white!

Not having a dig at this forum or any others but I really really really HATE blue. Its too default for my liking. I've never liked the colour funny seeing as I love every other!

Psychology of colour

An interesting question, I like blue but I also like the red (such as on our BizFace - we changed that from blue to red to try to make it more interesting). Although some research does support the idea that people find blues and greens relaxing and red tones exciting (or a warning) there are clearly individual differences (as we have seen here!)

I suspect there are 'popular' sites out there that will tell you what your colour preference says about your personality, perhaps extroverts prefer red for example because they need more excitement (due to their low natural level of stimulation - honest that is why they are so excitable).

I wonder though if there are environmental aspects too, if you are used to working on one colour perhaps it becomes boring?

Do any of you feel you are influenced by your current forum skins?

(Hope that's the right terminology!)

:)

I think colours mean very much for a forum, it also attracts guests to sign up,

I couldn't agree any more, although content and activity is also something that usually attracts a visitor. Which colours do you prefer any way?

- Meti

Even though our forum new skin is not completed yet but I already love what I see...

MI
Back