The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Climate Change - Are you helping?

gkd_uk

Hi

Since hearing about climate change and the damage it is causing, I have started to to help a little by switching off monitors, not leaving TV on standby.

What about you? Have you changed a little? :)

I would love to bike to work, but so far haven't mustered the gusto to do so. Plus I live in a very cold climate, so biking in -6 F weather (like today) would be brutal.

But I live in a small flat, try not to drive unless I have to, cut down on consumption, use enviro-friendly products, organic foods, etc. But I know I'm not doing enough.

There's lots of small things we can all do...mine include...

Don't leave taps running,
Switch to low energy light bulbs - where appropriate,
Recycle,
Make compost (don't just talk it ;) ),
Live in sustainably built buildings,

Small steps to take giant leaps...

I have made a huge contribution to Climate Change.
1. I drive a full turbo 2.3 Saab that does 22mpg
2. I have the heating cranked up all the time at home, if it gets hot I just open a window
3. I have two 42" Plasma Tv's that are left on stand by all the time, I NEVER turn my computers off in the office.
4. I buy my goods from whatever country I feel like as long as they are what I want
5. I NEVER use public transport
6. I drive EVERYWHERE
7. I stop my wife from drying clothes outside, she uses the drier 100% of the time

Shall I go on :D

Well, it's pretty cold and wet in Wales so I can understand OWG's desire to speed-up climate change in the hope of having a warm and dry country to live in!

Personally I've been looking into greening up my computing (not going back to a green screen monchrome monitor before anyone suggests that!). There's quite a few companies starting to make more energy effieicent computers, some using at little as 20watts as opposed to the average of over 200watts. Also a device I came across was a little usb button for encouraging users to click it when walking away from the pc or getting sidetracked on the phone etc, which sends the PC into stand-by mode.
I wrote a little piece on both of these if you'd like to read more - Green Computing

I try to cycle, walk or use public transport as much as possible, but the location of my work means I commute by car. I did cycle to work for a few months until the end of september when the weather started getting colder, and wetter, but I was doing 20 miles a day, which is pretty tiring at the best of times but its a great way to get fit.

Also at home we realised having the TV, cable box, DVD player and Hi-fi on standby all the time was using a fair amount of power so we have them all on one switch now and turn the whole lot off when its not being used. The worst culprit was the cable box which used 24watts when its on and exactly the same when its on standby.

Hi

Since hearing about climate change and the damage it is causing, I have started to to help a little by switching off monitors, not leaving TV on standby.

What about you? Have you changed a little? :)

GKD, that should be enough to save the earth - well done buddy :help:

It would appear that anything to do with saving the earth nowadays is going to cost an arm and a leg - I have therefore joined the donor card to donate my limbs when I pass away.

Honestly - we try to recycle as much of our waste as possible and as times goes on we'll adjust more to go with the times.

helping? for what?...everything is a big lie!...you dont notice that the sommer is getting shorter and the winter longer?....where is the fukn change ?...in tv they are telling us that its getting warmer but the truth is that it is getting colder and colder...do you notice?

MI
Back