The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Choosing a domain when your name is taken.

Griffith Real Estate

affiliate
I wanted GriffithRealEstate.com, but it costs $5,000 on GoDaddy.

What is the best domain to choose similar to that that is both brandable and SEO friendly? .com would be the best for affiliate marketing purposes, but which is better? Hyphens or a different domain suffix?

Background on the site:

It will be where I can reach more people for agent work in NC, and start an apartment syndication business called Griffith Real Estate. These two things will be in the years to come, but it doesn't hurt to start early. Meanwhile I'll be affiliate marketing, and spreading the word on social media, so that when the company is built up (I'll be investing in residential and small commercial multifamily properties to build up funds) I will be able to start getting investors and go in on large luxury apartments one day.

I feel that the name Griffith Real Estate would be very important in the domain.

My initial thought was GriffithRealty but as you'd only be dealing within a certain area, @Doctor DataFeed 's suggestions seem pretty good options, too.

For way less than $5,000, you could get a few of those domains, maybe. There is a way to have each one end up in the same destination as your main site, I believe, if you'd want to do that.

@Griffith Real Estate
  • I would have said register griffithapartments.com but it's been taken AND it's in use
  • Next I would use either griffithproperties.com or griffithproperty.com, but sadly both are taken AND the second one is in use
  • Third idea is two separate sites griffithcommercial.com and griffithresidential.com, well commercial is available BUT residential is taken
  • @Doctor DataFeed's idea has legs RealEstateByGriffith.com is a simple no-nonsense choice
  • Wildcard maybe but griffithdevelopments.com sounds professional and brandable, although not neccesarily SEO friendly
  • griffithcondos.com is also available

Just a stupid question: is Griffith your name or the name of a place/location/city/town. Excuse my ignorance.

Reason why i ask is because if you would like a brandable name then you may want to maybe choose a shorter name?

But again i see that you also want to leverage SEO so sometimes it pays to have the keyword in the domain name as you suggested.

You could use modifiers such the, your, my etc...

You can also try business name generators such namelix and let the AI do the work for you. It won't be exactly what you are looking for but may come up with some really cool brandable names similar to google, apple, kayak and so forth...

But again i see that you also want to leverage SEO so sometimes it pays to have the keyword in the domain name as you suggested.

Good point, I was trying to figure in North Carolina in there, for SEO, with "nc" but it didn't look right

Thank you guys.

Another question pertaining to domains:
I remember reading that long domains are bad for SEO. Is that true?

real-estate-for-sale-in-north-carolina.com is almost perfect for a computer to understand
But ..
Do you like typing long domains?
Will your customers like typing long domains?
Will people remember a long domain?
Will long domains fit your advertising?
How about long email addresses that dont fit your business cards?
Will you long domain look good on cellphones?
What's generally good is generally good for SEO

I like to test a name with a voice search in mobile. What most people think are SEO names come out with spaces ;) Typing a number and a few letters might be easier. Remember, if you are not on page one --you won't get much search traffic (usually)

MI
Back