The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Check back link

Using google to check back links is a waste. The data hasn't been right, in like forever. Some even say they use it to mess with webmasters. Probably not, but would be a little funny. Unless they've changed.

Best I've used is Yahoo site explorer. Can't say it's 100%, but looks to do a good job.

You can try out Google webmaster tools.
Also, try searching

site: your website address without http://
ex: site:www.google.com
The total number of results will give you the number of backlinks.
Go to the last page and see the number of results.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try out Google webmaster tools.
Also, try searching

site: your website address without http://
ex: site: www.google.com
The total number of results will give you the number of backlinks.
Go to the last page and see the number of results.

No. That's incorrect. The site: query tells you nothing about backlinks (incoming links). It returns the pages for that site which indexed in Google.

The only Google query for backlinks is the link: query, which as Ron said, has been severely and intentionally crippled for years.

You can try searching for your domain name in quotes (e.g., "domain.com") but that's not entirely accurate.

Your best bet is to use Yahoo or another search engine to determine backlinks. It's a pretty fair assumption that if Yahoo knows about a backlink, Google knows about it too. Mind you, it may be that Google knows about it and has discounted or nullified its value for any one of a number of reasons.

No. That's incorrect. The site: query tells you nothing about backlinks (incoming links). It returns the pages for that site which indexed in Google.

The only Google query for backlinks is the link: query, which as Ron said, has been severely and intentionally crippled for years.

You can try searching for your domain name in quotes (e.g., "domain.com") but that's not entirely accurate.

Your best bet is to use Yahoo or another search engine to determine backlinks. It's a pretty fair assumption that if Yahoo knows about a backlink, Google knows about it too. Mind you, it may be that Google knows about it and has discounted or nullified its value for any one of a number of reasons.

Yeah I agree. results seems to be different. But According to Google(webmaster tools) backlinks are checked in this(above mentioned) pattern only.

I think we can also use this: https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

You can also go to Alexa.com and type in your domain. Once you get it there's "Sites Linking In" but it's also not so accurate.
The small advantage in it is that a website that links to yours 1000 times will appear only once and not a 1000 times. Sometimes it helps.

I use two tools (if you can call them tools): Go to Yahoo and do - Link:[your domain name here] - or get registered w/ Google webmaster - once registered - check out the external links.

Using google to check back links is a waste. The data hasn't been right, in like forever. Some even say they use it to mess with webmasters. Probably not, but would be a little funny. Unless they've changed.

Best I've used is Yahoo site explorer. Can't say it's 100%, but looks to do a good job.

That's exactly what I do. The only problem that I have seen is that none of my SBM links not showing up in the list. Other than that - I think it is ok.

MI
Back