The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can promoting Clickbank products damage a site's reputation?

PlayGames

affiliate
I have always thought CB products were scammy or low quality and that people only promoted them for the commission. Can promoting CB products on a quality website do it more harm than good?

Yeah, this site is mainly dependent on SEO for traffic and Adsense for revenue. But site also gets around 15% from returning traffic. Would having couple of CB links on the site hurt it? I will of course no follow them.

To be honest, I am talking from the perspective of whether visitors would find them spammy, but since you are on SEO as well, would search engines be okay with them?

The search engines should be ok with CB ads, especially if you're no following them.

If the products look scammy, yes, it could affect the site's reputation. You are basically putting the brand of your site behind that product and recommending it to your visitors. If the product looks scammy your visitors could associate your site as a whole as being scammy.

Decided to take them off rightaway. I am in the health niche and doesn't sit right with me selling products off CB to that crowd. I don't like to promote medication (affiliates) of any sort. I guess I will just have to rely on Google Ads for this site. I have promoted Media.net (Yahoo/Bing) ads before, but took them off since Adsense usually pays signficantly better. Google usually has no issues promoting other ads alongside Adsense provided the interest of the audience comes first i.e. not too many ads, little content, etc.

Like app installs, or something else that has broad appeal to people looking for phone wallpapers. Might even be able to use some of those whatsapp offers, or similar.

Are you an Amazon affiliate? They have lots of health related products, including books, which might be safe enough for you.

A lot of health related CPA offers that I've seen are for trial samples of various supplements.

Re CB, there are several diet offers, I think. There are two or three tea detox diet affiliate programs in our Resources section that are for sale through the CB platform. If you go that route, your best bet is probably to try it (or have someone else try it) then write an unbiased review. Pictures would help drive home the authenticity.

Affiliate programs - AdSense Help

This lays it all out clearly. No problem with it being an affiliate site, as long as it has user value and original content. Not a thin site made up of mostly affiliate promo language.

Chances are that you might have selected the wrong product to promote on your website?

Did you happen to check if there are any refunds on the product. Also, always make sure to ask the product creator for a review copy so you are sure about the product you are about to promote.

What is your criteria while choosing products on Clickbank?

banners
Back