The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can Our Users Post a Book for Sale?

JKP353

affiliate
We want to set up an Amazon book store so that our users can designate a book to be presented for sale next to their information at our site. Is there a way our user can self-administer such a process, that is, identify the book, and grab the Amazon cover art and purchase link to display on our site? And still of course let us get the affiliate sale commission!

Thanks!

Hi JKP353,

Not sure I totally understand why you are having the user put the book on your site.
Are they doing user reviews or something?

The only way for you to get credit for the sale is if the links are your affiliate links.
So I'm not sure how they would get your aff links.

Clarification I hope

Thanks for the reply Linda -- our group is an author's group and we want to let our authors decide which of their books to post for sale on our site. While we get the affiliate commission, they get a copy of their book sold to our community. Is that more clear?

Yes that makes sense. After they post the book you could change the link to your affiliate link manually.

Amazon has so many different link types they may even have one that automatically adds your affiliate id to any product links. Check the associate link types - I think there is one called product links or something that may do what you need.

You may also be able to do it automatically. What software platform are you using for your site? vBulletin? WordPress?

Minstrel -- We're building a new app

You may also be able to do it automatically. What software platform are you using for your site? vBulletin? WordPress?

Hi Minstrel -- how could we do it automatically? We're building an online site and application [vs. using WordPress or another existing platform], and our goal is to let our users designate a book via our application and have that book visible in our app and for sale via click-through from our site, and also have the book added to an Amazon affiliate book store that features ALL our users books in what I assume would be a more standard Amazon book store.

Do you know this technology, perhaps the Amazon Associates/Affiliates API, and how we might build this? Or know someone who does? If so, I'd love to talk or make contact. Please advise, thanks again,

-John (415 388 0184)

I'm sorry, that's a little beyond my web programming skills. I mentioned WordPress and vBulletin because both have plug-ins that do the job for you. If you're doing your own coding, they're not going to help, I guess.

banners
Back