The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Call traffic source?

marketerLevi

Browsing the PPcall section here, I find it shocking there isn't much in the way of traffic sources for call traffic. So now the big question: Where can we buy call traffic?

For me, I've recently tried Bing call extensions but the ratio my call extension displayed versus the web-link was only 1% even with *everything* optimized and after several calls to their support line; tried Adwords but only 3 impressions in 8 hours also with high bids, tried Millennial Media (formerly Jumptap) which seems to have a 'fake' click-to-call extension, and even contacted Marchex but they have a $25,000 startup. I've heard about Craigslist, but this would be a constant battle re-creating ads after getting banned, not to mention this method would also put my affiliate account at risk.

So, any tips would be very helpful!

PS- one angle is that maybe there is a mobile agency would have a 'click-to-call' feature?

Adwords has click to call option which is highly effective in PPCall marketing. But this is also costly. I suggest you read the case study about your niche and find out which traffic source is suitable for you. One thing you should remember the ROI of PPCall is higher then anything so you can emphasize on SEO as well.

Thanks, I've been down the ultra exorbitant Adwords and Bing click-to-call paths, and SEO may be a longer haul than I'm willing to go for. Click to call campaigns are most effective on mobile devices, as these are the few call enabled devices and I'm not sure how well even a good SEO would help with mobile. Mostly I'm looking for a media-buy for a click-to-call placement on their network. Also I've heard Facebook has this function, if anyone cares to share their experience?

@marketerLevi I would stick with AdWords and keep launching different campaigns until you get one going.

I did the whole Craigslist thing and spent too much time manual posting... so I shifted my focus to AdWords and it has been good so far. The mistake I did was I didn't launch other campaigns and when the one I was running at about 300% ROI each month, the advertiser decided to pause it :/

So my best advice is to stay with AdWords --- try to "master" this traffic source and then move onto other sources when you need to scale.

And you're right, AdWords can get expensive with its high CPCs (especially for the obvious keywords)... you just gotta spend more time digging out less obvious, cheaper keywords...

By no means I'm an expert, I'm also on the same boat as you... trying to get more profitable campaigns going. But my focus is AdWords (and Bing). I hope this helps.

All the best man!

First of all AdWord is the decent traffic for pay per call. But you have to calculate first your EPC then move to AdWords. An excellent keyword research will bring your quality traffic. In this case, you can hire an expert on keyword research from UpWork or Freelancer.

MI
Back