The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

California Anti-Affiliate Tax Bill Passes Committee #advertisingtax #noadtax

Linda Buquet

affiliate
(Sigh) another state blind-sided us again. Before affiliate marketers even had time to organize and react, a California bill with nexus language passed committee and it headed to the Senate.

Per <a href="http://twitter.com/karengarcia">@karengarcia</a> and LisaP on Twitter: "budget package that includes nexus in CA passed in committee and will be headed to the full senate floor"

It already passed this phase before we could even try to get involved to fight it???

Karen also tweeted: "we don't have actual language or a bill number yet, but as soon as we know, I'll pass the word"

So, like Virginia we find out about it too late to do anything? I don't know anything about how the politics work, but are they purposely trying to slip the nexus language in at the last minute, so we don't have time to organize and rally against these bills?

Sure hope Governor Schwarzenegger is still on our side on this bill and covers our backs!

All of a sudden, the past couple days there is so much new activity in different states. This is getting pretty scary!

I'll try to do better at keeping everyone updated on the tax issues here, but everything is coming so fast it's hard to keep updating everywhere. (Here, blog, twitter and other forums.) Melanie from Affiliate Advocacy has been stopping by with updates when she can too. Thanks Melanie!

banners
Back