The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Building Your Email List from Your Facebook Page

Andy Haskins

Landing Page Guys
buildingyouremaillistfromyourfacebookpage.png

Building Your Email List from Your Facebook Page.

Following on from Ks post about setting up an Aweber list and opt in forms I wanted to show you a way to utilize your Facebook traffic to build your list.

Facebook Pages

Facebook Pages can be a great source of traffic when it comes to marketing and I created this guide today to show you a way to build your list through your Facebook Page.

This may already be common knowledge and there are guides on the respective email providers (links at end of guide) but I wanted to create this guide to make people aware of who aren't already and be able to explain how to do it and the benefits of implementing a mail tab on your Facebook page.

Firstly, I highly recommend following Jays guide on building 'Niche Targeted Facebook Pages' here.

Once you've read that, come back over here to learn how you can start building you list, right from inside your Facebook page.

I personally feel there is one big benefit to utilizing this method, that being that the user doesn't even have to leave Facebook to become a subscriber to your list! The easier you make it for them the more chance you have of winning them over. You don't have to code a landing page and you can use the social public to grow your list hugely.

Before we get started, as you may already know there are a few different email marketing providers out there and the method varies depending on who you choose.

For this tutorial, we will be using Mailchimp as it’s free for you guys to get started on there.

Note: Just to settle any confusion before people jump in and say don’t use Mailchimp for your campaigns as they hate affiliates, this isn’t true and I’ve used it successfully to promote clean campaigns – See here > Does MailChimp Ban Affiliate Links? | MailChimp.com

Step 1) You will need to create your list as normal in Mailchimp.

Step 2) Create your Facebook Page using Jays guide on building 'Niche Targeted Facebook Pages'.

Step 3) Login to your Mailchimp account and head to the integrations page.

Step1.jpg

Step 4) Click on the Facebook option and Log in. If you are already logged in it will take you to a security prompt with the permissions that you are granting the app. If you aren’t logged in you will need to.

Step2.png

Step3.jpg

Step 5) Once permission is granted you will be redirected back to the Mailchimp Integrations page. From here you will get the option to choose the page you wish to implement the tab on and the list you want to use.

Make sure you select 'Yes' to showing the sign up form tab.

Step4.jpg

You can use the form designer to create forms for the integration.

Voila, you have now added an opt in form to your Facebook Page.

Step5.jpg

If you would like you can customize the image and name of the Facebook tab by doing the following:

Step 1) Click on the arrow next to the current tabs as shown below.

Step6.jpg

Step 2) Hover over the AWeber tab image and click the pencil image to edit the tab. From the drop down list click 'Edit Settings' and a pop up will appear.

Step 3) Change the name of the tab and upload an image of your own

Step7.jpg

That is it. You have now added your own opt in form and customized its appearance. You can now begin driving visitors to the tab by pushing regular updates telling your fans why they should subscribe etc.

For a video of how to do the above you can visit the Mailchimp knowledgebase.

Or for AWeber see the following guide - Add an opt in form to your Facebook Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this! I always tell people to build email lists from facebook fan pages instead of normal squeeze pages. Why? Because you'll also get a fan base from which you can benfit, not just emails.

Awesome guide mate, will look at putting this into practise soon on some of my pages.

MI
Back