The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Building My Copywriting And Social Analysis Biz

King Conga

Hey Gang. Me again. I've been trying to rattle my brain for some creative ideas on how to get around the chicken-or-the-egg situation of how do I get referrals if I don't have any business, and how do I get business if I don't have any experience. I want to start a copywriting biz, as well as a Quik & Dirty social media analysis biz in the vein of Jiffy Lube using something like a 14 Pt. Check-up for a reasonable monthly subscription fee.

Now, first, I'm totally sold on Dan Lok's theory of providing my value for nothing, despite the risk of working for nothing then getting nothing. However, what that thief CAN'T take away is the fact that it IS MY work that I can showcase to other prospects. So, there's that. Having said that, I like swinging for the fences, as Dan Lok does, rather than living for a walk to 1st base.

So, my strategy to slowly build my copywriting business is the following. I've solicited some of my close friends who are small business owners and asked them if I can create their name and/or slogan, and/or their About page on their website, and/or create 1 free blog for their business in exchange for a great reference from them on my LinkedIn page, and if their business has a LinkedIn page offer a testimony of doing business with me. Of course, that would only be a 1-time intro service. For the social media analysis that would be a monthly subscription. My problem there is I don't know exactly what services to offer/analyze, or how much to charge.

Let me know what you think of this idea and whatever else you would do if you were in my shoes.

TANX

I want to start a copywriting biz, as well as a Quik & Dirty social media analysis biz in the vein of Jiffy Lube using something like a 14 Pt. Check-up

Once you build up a client base, will you have time to do both?

I've solicited some of my close friends who are small business owners and asked them if I can create their name and/or slogan, and/or their About page on their website, and/or create 1 free blog for their business in exchange for a great reference from them on my LinkedIn page, and if their business has a LinkedIn page offer a testimony of doing business with me.

Yes, I've read that a lot of writers do similar things. I wouldn't do it indefinitely, I'd give myself a limit to the number I'd offer that to, of course.

My problem there is I don't know exactly what services to offer/analyze, or how much to charge.

I'm not sure I'm clear on your question. You want to offer copywriting and social media analysis...aren't those the services you're offering?

Re pricing, check your competition, see what they're charging. As you're a startup, you'll probably want to come in under that. Or offer a "special" discount when they buy a copywriting project by <insert date here>, or for the first hundred orders, something like that.

Personally, I'd offer the copywriting with a purchasable add-on of social shout-out, or include it as a package deal - one blog post + link from one of your social profiles; a 10 page website + link on all of your social profiles....you get it.

All just my thoughts...

I realize that what I said about the social stuff was not analysis related, was just trying to think of a way to combine copywriting and social in a way that maybe would save you some time and labour.

• You need an end game to this --and a pivot plan (or several)
  • What do business people want? New revenue streams and name location or branding. <<< tell them why what you do will help them achieve this.
  • Why and how. Practice on your friends an acquaintances. Let them act as a study group and let them critique what you do.
  • Their payment might be testimonials that are real and truthful.

1. Read a Lot – a Damned Lot. Mastering any skill means absorbing all the information and education that possibly exists
  2. Practice Even More
  3. Get One-on-One Training
  4. Get Over Your Issues
  5. Expand Your Knowledge

Don't worry Branding By 8. I'm smothered, and drowning in info, and training, and that's not even including my school degree in internet marketing.

banners
Back