The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

BRILLIANT! Farmer Update Killed Article Marketing for SEO - The SOLUTION

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I've never been a fan of article marketing for several reasons but have tuned into it since Google's Farmer/Panda update. This is the most well written insightful article I've ever read about article marketing and it will show you the way forward if you take heed of the advice Michael offers.
<a href="http://www.seo-theory.com/2011/03/15/article-marketing-for-seo/">Article Marketing for SEO</a>

Article marketing for search engine optimization has probably been dealt the greatest blow to its credibility and effectiveness by Google’s Big Panda update that the technique has endured in its 12-15 year history...

Still, those of you who want to hang your hats on article marketing for SEO need to take a deep breath, reassess the values you hold, and think about what I’m about to tell you. You need to stop clinging to the bad SEO advice you’ve nurtured for years. Many of the same people who have sold you on the lie about how important links are for SEO also told you nonsense like you need to sculpt PageRank, all you need is link bait, and you just need to promote your link bait through the right social media channels.

Those who CAN optimize for search DO. Those who cannot optimize for search turn to links for salvation.

I can boil it down to one IMPORTANT sentence ethical marketers have been saying for years.
Can you guess what I'm thinking???

Read the whole long article and then share your thoughts.

But the truth is that if you’re only commenting because you want a link, it doesn’t matter how thoughtful and informative your comment is. It’s spam.
The end of all communications in business online and offine as we know it.. everything is spam.

No more posting in the forum here; there could be a benefit.. No more replying to someone on twitter because there could be a benefit. No more liking someone's page on facebook or adding a nice reply.. there could be a benefit. No more walking up to someone at a seminar and telling the speaker how well he did with some comments. No more walking up to anyone really and commenting about anything.. because your motive is a benefit.. and will be labeled spam.

It all has a benefit. It's all spam.

And don't get me started on flyers and business cards. :eek:

Automated, off-topic, nonsensical, link infested comments.. yes, spam. Otherwise, it's just commenting. IMHO

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :D

I am new to SEO and all I hear now-a-days are build .edu links, build do-follow links, etc. and after reading that article, I don't know what to think anymore. It was extremely thought provoking.

I believe you're thinking of .edu domains, Ron. Anyone CAN buy a link from an .edu site. But as I've repeated, endlessly it seems, and cited evidence from various people at Google and others, buying that .edu link isn't going to do very much except empty your wallet. An edu link isn't worth any more than any other link with equivalent PageRank and the PR from .edu pages that will sell to you isn't likely to be high.

I read Michael's whole article and thought it was very, well it bummed me out.

As I am steadfast in my own article writing and my own submissions, it almost sounds like this is not the way to go.

As someone fairly new to affiliate marketing, should I rethink my submission to the article directories?

To the more experienced marketers - have you changed your strategy?

Yes, the post points many facts. But nothing is death, most important is how you use these techniques. Yes, content is very, very important - google loves it.
Can you answer yourself - Why google is the leading search engine?
Because their philosophy is to rank the best content and websites at the top and in front users.
So if you are with compliance with their philosophy and provide great content you can't fail.

banners
Back