The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blowing off steam!

grymbo

affiliate
:eek:Yes indeed, what have I gotten my self into!!! As stated in my introductory post I have absolutely no experience of affiliate marketing and, taking that on board decided to sign up for (following research of course) a training program (if you want to know which one contact me).
Not complaining about the the product or the price. In fact not really complaining at all. More a matter of airing my initial over whelming doubts (after only three days) regarding my ability to get on top of what's required to even make a start in affiliate marketing.
Such a lot to learn, and patience, trial and error, no doubt is the answer. Got to come away from it to get that into perspective. I will say one thing though, I'm beginning to think (a bit) like an affiliate marketer. When the "overwhelmingness" began to settle, aided I have to confess by a few pints of Guinness, points which I thought had made no impact on me began to unravel. Niche markets and passion for example. Didn't have one before, certainly have one now. Which type of marketing approach I'm going to attempt initially? Has to be article marketing on the basis of tutorials I have covered and forums I've tapped into. Even came across one guy who is successfully using a combination of article marketing and PPC.
Anyway, feel a bit better following my rant. Will report back as my education progresses.

Slainte

I am new as well and can totally relate to the frustration, It was compared to getting your masters degree or even PhD!

Hang in there and the only advice I can offer it that there IS NO substitute for hardwork and diligence!

grymbo,

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. Venting about it does help a little.

It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

You will soon get to that ah-ha! point where the light turns on and things start to make sense. Seems you are already seeing a glimmer...

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

I'm at the point where I just want to stop learning, but I know I can't stop...I have come too far to give up now.

One day I'm sure it'll all be worth it....

You will get there. Affiliate marketing can make all your dreams a reality if you stick it out.

There is a lot to learn, but find one method at a time, become an expert in that area, then move to the next one.

Focus on one thing at a time is key. PPC, Article marketing etc... dosen't matter, just pick one method and become proficent in it, then move to the next step.

One step at a time makes sure you don't trip up.

I'm at the point where I just want to stop learning, but I know I can't stop...I have come too far to give up now.

One day I'm sure it'll all be worth it....

the thing about this biz, is there will always be learning ... even when you're at the top of the game, it only takes google changing something, a new social networking phenomen, other things not even thought of yet ...

but that's good, by always learning, your mind stays young :D

Anomaly, you are absolutely right. I know once I get past the basics it will become easier for me. right now it's like the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know about the whole thing.

Thanks!

Thanks!

:)Thanks to all who replied to my post and their words of encouragement. I'll take on board your comments.

Slainte

banners
Back