The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogs & Websites

AmyTK9

affiliate
I've already started a blog at blogger.com but it was recommended that I use WordPress and host it at my own Domain (which I have). I was wondering if it'd be better or if I should just make my own Blog on my website?

That's what Minstrel recommended yesterday in your other post:

# I strongly recommend that you switch to WordPress, hosted at WordPress.com if necessary but preferably hosted with your own domain name and hosting. You can buy a domain name for $10 a year or less and host it for about $5 a month. With WordPress you can style it and optimize it far better for search engines than you can with Blogger/Blogspot.

Yes, that's why I am asking should I use Wordpress, Or just make my own on my website with out Wordpress? Would either be okay?

Thanks for the reply :)

I have done work with both Blogger and Wordpress. Each has things I like but I really don't think anywhere can compete with Wordpress. There is so much functionality with Wordpress that I know I will never use another service again. I suggest you look into using Wordpress with your current host. It is very simple to set up and if you have been using blogger, you can import all of your work directly into your Wordpress blog.

Wordpress makes it all so easy an has so many tools (plugins). I would highly recommend it. Any question you have, someone has probably already asked it so you can find answers and support in many places.

Thank you both, I will go with WordPress then. One more question, does it track your stats like Blogger does? I really like that feature.

EDIT- Also, all of the Affiliates I've joined, I've used the link to my blog. How would I go about getting that changed, or do I need to? Thanks :)

It does track your stats with its own options (not very cool) but the reason you like the stats on blogger is because the blogger stats are tracked using Google Analytics. That is actually great news for you though seeing that with Wordpress you can very easily download plugins (1000's and 1000's all free, all to improve the functionality of your blog) with Google Analytics being one of the plugins. All you need to do is connect your blog address with your Google account (very simple).

Oh awesome, thank you! I Edited my post above too the same time you posted. I will be moving my blog over to WordPress today then.

Edit- Wow, very confused on how to get WordPress Installed. Trying to follow the directions. It says to upload everything to an empty directory. This means on my web host right? If I upload everything, this could take me days as my host only allows like 10 files to upload at a time, Wordpress seems to have a LOT of files. Is this what I need to do? I'd hate to spend a lot of time just to get everything uploaded to find out that's not what I needed to do.

That is what you need to do, Amy, but I wonder about that 10 files a day limit - never heard of that. Who are you using for hosting?

Okay. And it's just 10 or so files at a time, I can upload as many as I want in a day. I use angelfire right now and have for years as it works out well for me. I guess I'll have to make a project out of it if I really want to use Wordpress. Thanks for your help :)

I would make your own website and use wordpress as the platform. This is what I do, Wordpress is so user friendly. All servers should have the wordpress option.

For for the more user-friendly choice, which in my option is wordpress. It has all the necessary functions to run the successful blog.

Thank you guys :) I already have a website, have had it for years but am trying to add things to it such as WordPress. Just trying to get WordPress installed now. Going to take me a while though with how many files they have.

Assuming you have a hosting account, you should be able to install WP very easily, automatically, through your host. For example, I use HostGator and they use Fantistico to install WP to my domains. Most hosts will have something like this, so getting WP installed is quick.

Thank you :) I started uploading all the files but then realized... maybe my host doesn't support Wordpress. Anyone know if Angelfire supports it & will work with it? I tired searching for it and seen one thing that said it doesn't support it. Everything else was un-clear. I'd love to know before I put more time into trying to get everything uploaded at 10 files at a time.

MI
Back