The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogs the new directory?

temi

affiliate
Since Google's downgraded Directories, I noticed quite a lot of people who used to sell links on directories has now started network of blogs in different niches, just to sell links.

The question now is, is blog the new directory for link selling purpose? Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Absolutely temi, the top bods have always done this sort of thing. there is a new style of directory that will be launched soon however, and that will not be downgraded like the others.

Can't say too much as I am not quite ready ;)

The question now is, is blog the new directory for link selling purpose? Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Exactly. i have only one problem with this whole phenomena, which is that I didn't have time to prepare my blog network so far:blush:

will be launched soon however, and that will not be downgraded like the others.

I hope OWG you won't forget us when the time will come to discounts:yahoo:

You seem to have your finger are the bleeding edge of things :) thanks for confirming my observation.

Absolutely temi, the top bods have always done this sort of thing. there is a new style of directory that will be launched soon however, and that will not be downgraded like the others.

Can't say too much as I am not quite ready ;)

Exactly. i have only one problem with this whole phenomena, which is that I didn't have time to prepare my blog network so far:blush:

I hope OWG you won't forget us when the time will come to discounts:yahoo:

I don't charge for my directories (other than the local portal s I have and I charge a premium then as they are aimed at driving customers to businesses). Deeply linked was the only directory I charged for, and that was to slow down the submissions once it became so popular. I no longer own any part of it now though, the guy I set it up with owns it all.

Blogs as new DIRS. Goes without saying. It is amazing what you can do with a WP site. Hope to confirm that shortly with a new site release ourselves.

This then leads to the next question, will blogs eventually meet the fate of directories at the hand of Google?

Blogs as new DIRS. Goes without saying. It is amazing what you can do with a WP site. Hope to confirm that shortly with a new site release ourselves.

That's a great possibility. However, who is will takeover from blogs?
Blogs took over from directories in a way right! Google needs the content bigtime at present. Guess when that changes, we will all go along with it somehow.

I am not quite sure about your assertion that Google needs Blogs contents, I think I remember a similar argument about Google needing directory contents. And before directories, there was the scrapper sites.

Well, I think we should just enjoy blogs while it still prestigious, but should Google kill blogs, I am sure something else will emerge, webmasters and Internet has been around well before Google.

My definition would be this...

1) Google - has Feed Reader, deliver new content to users via its new and updated feeds, has adwords on the feeds, generates money....

2) Google - indexed fresh updated content with what is happening in todays world. We go to Google, do a search and get pages thrown up that are several years old -
Move over Google hello Yahoo and Live for more searches!

Not to mention - both yahoo and Live are lagging behind behind Google because they weren't quick enough to catch on to the next generation of money spinning opportunities being presented to them.

banners
Back